Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Oct 30, 2013 photo

from a different angle :)

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 991
Alright I gotta say, I feel like this project is losing some momentum as of late.

As I look down from my vantage point, I can see they've been stuck on the 3rd level forever. They don't have a lot of guys working the site and they don't seem to be hustling as much as they were all summer. Anyway, like you see in the picture above they have errected a few walls on the 3rd level, but half of it isn't even poured yet. Not sure what's going on.

Curious what this is below. Saw it on the south side loading area fo the construction site. Is it a safe door? Wonder where it's going.

IMG_7585.jpg

Alright I gotta say, I feel like this project is losing some momentum as of late.

Curious what this is below. Saw it on the south side loading area fo the construction site. Is it a safe door? Wonder where it's going.

Appears to be a Heat Exchange unit for the HVAC system. Or an anti-matter containment pump for a trans-dimensional stargate. (I may have been watching too much Sci-Fi lately.)

Maybe there is a lot going on inside (???) but I have to agree, the pace is rediculously slow. I remember Aura at this stage had swarms if workers on the job. Shouldn't be financial issues on a project so advanced in sales - so it is a mystery.

With podiums and such, I never expect a ton of visible progress week to week. As with Aura, I believe the lower levels took around a month per floor to complete before it shot up; and it even had 3 cranes at a certain point in time. I expect the same here. This site has been so dead for years that everything we're seeing now is a merely blink in time. Sit back and enjoy the show. :D

There are also units on these lower floors, aren't there? It takes longer to form up residential units because you have all of those partition walls and conduits and risers that need to be accounted for.

That last pic really shows how much yonge needs a density boost.

Not necessarily. Yonge is lined with heritage buildings, while the surrounding area is filled with high-rise buildings. The photo suggests that there are many heritage buildings and a lot of density, which is a good situation.

That last pic really shows how much yonge needs a density boost.

+1. Yonge is mostly garbage bungalows that belong in a rural farming town. It's by far the most embarrassing street in the city. The 1 Bloor construction site already looks better than 90% (not all) of Yonge b/w Dundas/Bloor, with its messy signs and sketchy retail.

Back