Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

In today's (Saturday) The Star, there is a full page ad about 1, Bloor Street East condo open for sale to public. I was under the imnpression that this was avery hot selling project. Where did the things go wrong?

a realtor i know says his office has about 60 units available for sale ... we just spoke on saturday.
i believe these are all assignments that some former 1BE purchasers had first right to.

I stated a couple weeks back that five additional floors were being added. The currently planned height is 70 floors.

I know, I read that but has it been made official? I received an email a few days ago (same one Marcanadian received) and it doesn’t mention increased height (no change to the rendering either)and when I called the listed phone number the people who answer are also not aware of any height change. I was wondering if anyone has seen anything official about it now being 70 stories?

So if this is true then 1Bloor would be in the 234 m range making it the 8th tallest building in the city. Very nice - but still a few metres short of Aura.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 203742 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jun 22, 2010

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: PUBLIC - PRELIMINARY PROJECT REVIEW, Due Date is 21-JUL-10, >>Proposal to construct a 70 storey condominimum containing retail (ground and second) and residential.

Terrific news guys:.D! 70 stories is fantastic! That puts it 2nd for the building with the most floors in Canada! It's really interesting where the final height will stand with the extra 5 floors. Could we be seeing this tower be as tall/if not taller than aura?

Terrific news guys:.D! 70 stories is fantastic! That puts it 2nd for the building with the most floors in Canada! It's really interesting where the final height will stand with the extra 5 floors. Could we be seeing this tower be as tall/if not taller than aura?

Third after Aura and First Canadian Place.

209 metres for 65 storeys seems really short. What are the average ceiling heights here supposed to be? Considering the roof element, I'd expect 65 storeys to be taller than that. At 70 storeys, I'm guessing that with an average 9-10' per floor, the roof element, and the obvious space in between floors (concrete slabs, plumbing/piping/electrical space/etc.) we'd be looking at something like 800 feet.

Where did the 209m come from originally (this is a long thread, sorry), was it an estimate or a figure that was actually released? I know B/A is an office tower, but it's only 51 storeys and it's 218 metres.

I dont think so - see post #1281

So if this is true then 1Bloor would be in the 234 m range making it the 8th tallest building in the city. Very nice - but still a few metres short of Aura.

for a graphical perspective check out SSP's Toronto Skyscraper diagram http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12

Last edited:
209 metres for 65 storeys seems really short. What are the average ceiling heights here supposed to be? Considering the roof element, I'd expect 65 storeys to be taller than that. At 70 storeys, I'm guessing that with an average 9-10' per floor, the roof element, and the obvious space in between floors (concrete slabs, plumbing/piping/electrical space/etc.) we'd be looking at something like 800 feet.

Where did the 209m come from originally (this is a long thread, sorry), was it an estimate or a figure that was actually released? I know B/A is an office tower, but it's only 51 storeys and it's 218 metres.

Yep. My mistake. It's 219 metres (10 metre mechanical) The height comes from the planner. Still no where near Aura.

It's residential so any plumbing/electrical would be in bulkheads running inside the living space.

Back