Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I was just thinking about Yonge/Bloor... all 3 corners will have towers (1 Bloor, Hudsons Bay, CIBC), but what about the south-west corner?... do you think we'll see another tower rise there in the future?

Yes probably in due time. The high land value at that corner probably can't sustain that small building for too long.

I was just thinking about Yonge/Bloor... all 3 corners will have towers (1 Bloor, Hudsons Bay, CIBC), but what about the south-west corner?... do you think we'll see another tower rise there in the future?

For sure...i think you can bank on it. There is a Stollery's there now, which i hear is not doing so well. Just a matter of time before a builder moves in to duplicate what is being done at 1 bloor.

For sure...i think you can bank on it. There is a Stollery's there now, which i hear is not doing so well. Just a matter of time before a builder moves in to duplicate what is being done at 1 bloor.

If that indeed comes to pass, I hope the developer will take out the ugly little ScotiaBank on the corner or Balmuto as well

Seven is lucky. It was my number when I played baseball, and it's Mickey Mantle's too. I'm guessing someone at GG is a baseball fan.

That's my theory. It's the best until someone else comes up with a more ridiculous or obscure reference to the number 7.

I can't believe we can't get clarification on whether or not they are adding floors to this project. It seems rather important - at least to me anyway. My only argument with this project is that it needs to be a more inspiring (read: taller) building on such a significant site. I'm hoping for ten - any other takers?

"Seven is lucky. It was my number when I played baseball, and it's Mickey Mantle's too. I'm guessing someone at GG is a baseball fan.

That's my theory. It's the best until someone else comes up with a more ridiculous or obscure reference to the number 7"

Groan. I wish I had seen this before I passed along the information.

These units were put on site yesterday

1belectric.jpg

Site power...

Great news about the hight increase! potentally the hight increase would make 1 bloor taller than aura causing it to lose its 'highest condo in canada' title, Posibly causing a aura vs 1 bloor hight battle........i like it already:p

Great news about the hight increase! potentally the hight increase would make 1 bloor taller than aura causing it to lose its 'highest condo in canada' title, Posibly causing a aura vs 1 bloor hight battle........i like it already:p

They'd better be quick to announce the increase, if Aura starts rising, i don't think there can be a height battle. But the thought of a height battle between 1 Bloor and Aura sounds good!!

Back