Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Oh boy !
One bloor is the only pretty to see there and the rest is just awful to see.
The most sad aspect, is that those skyscrapers are newly constructed.
It sad that One bloor architecture can t deter those developers from building pathetic tower in our city.
Why not bring pleasant architecture for our and future generations and respect more One Bloor style?
I think it too late to make this area beautiful.
Architecture is a quick way to judge a civilization and a nation.

:mad:

From Bayview Ave. in Thornhill:

30947195535_8a0bb243c2_c.jpg

The expanded view:
30947192505_4d5bb2b2f3_b.jpg

Those in the foreground in the 1st and second photo? Welcome to the 60's and 70's...
We often hear complaints about how much Toronto isn't like New York City (but of course, should be). Brown brick, cheap low-rises are one place where they're exactly the same.

It's now gotten to the point that it's turning heads. If you haven't lately, walk around the area and take a look at people's reactions as they notice the building -- they're looking up, pointing, taking pictures, remarking it to friends. Good stuff.

I have some construction experience and appreciation for visualizing the final product but even I find the minor missing pieces here and there very distracting on this building. it's just so impressive yet awkward still. I have not doubted the outcome however as this building will be a stunner !

The first 10 floors I would say look awkward but not bad; if that makes any sense. But, ironically this looks a lot better close up than from far away.

The first 10 floors I would say look awkward but not bad; if that makes any sense. But, ironically this looks a lot better close up than from far away.

It suffers a little from the same problem that afflicted Aqua in Chicago. And yes, the podium could be handled better - all the curves just degenerated into a glass box in the end. A nice glass box, but could have been so much more.

AoD

At this point, and as someone who lives in the area, I can't wait for the hoarding to come down. We've had hoarding/fencing there for what; almost 9 years now?

Would love to see a photo taken from one of the top floors of this building, looking over the city. Will be an awesome view for whomever the millionaires (billionaires??) are that live up there.

Back