Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

104,000 sq. ft of retail. That's more like it - large enough to fit a small department store or a good-sized flagship store.

So the 65 floors previously listed referred only to the condominium portion of the project. Assuming that the two retail levels are double height, this tower should be about 230 metres, which would make it taller than TD. Height aside, it's good to hear that this tower will be curvy.

Looks like this unknown poster has won some credibility:

HPA is doing 1 Bloor.

Last edited:
Curvy eh? Hmmm, could Toronto perhaps be getting an "Absolute" style tower of it's own and steal Mississauga's thunder? ;)

Very interesting! no mention of a 2nd tower? and if they have filed a site plan application, would there be drawings with that?

... so we're looking at the equivalent of about 70-71 floors then, depending on roof element? Also, we tend to overlook the significant change in elevation up Yonge towards Bloor. This tower will definitely stand out, without dwarfing its neighbours. If the design is good this will be an impressive project.

Curvy, I like... 2-storey podium, I don't.

Nevertheless, it's exciting that something interesting might end up at this important site.

if they have filed a site plan application, would there be drawings with that?

Site Plan applications do not go through the same public process as rezoning or Official Plan amendment applications, therefore there probably would not be a report to Community Council. Drawings would have been submitted, including elevations and renderings. Anyone can go to the planning department and request to see the drawings, but they cannot make copies.

Site Plan applications do not go through the same public process as rezoning or Official Plan amendment applications, therefore there probably would not be a report to Community Council. Drawings would have been submitted, including elevations and renderings. Anyone can go to the planning department and request to see the drawings, but they cannot make copies.

Someone could possibly use their sneaky camera phone maybe? ;)

Curvy, I like... 2-storey podium, I don't.

The podium is likely six storeys with 2 floor of retail and 4 floors of amenity

Lots of towers are curvy. Ice is curvy. Heck, 18 Yonge is curvy. I'd be more impressed if it said twisty ;)

I can't call myself a skyscraper geek -- but at this location I would like to see something really tall, and exuding good taste. I certainly agree that getting the dialogue right, at street level, is really important for this (and other) developments.

Yonge-Bloor needs to have some distinction to it, let's hope for a really good design that works in context.

It should be two floors on Yonge and a midrise height (think HCB Centre) along Bloor.

I just can't comprehend why a decent architect wouldn't articulate the streetwall by creating this variation. We know Yonge is going to stay at about 2-4 floors, but Bloor Street already has become more attuned to chunky podiums and streetwalls.

Where is the office? #?

Back