Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

This project as far as I am concern is "Not" officially at grade since the north haft is not pour. It will be next week or the follow week that it will be 100% at grade once the ramp area is none.

There are some real deep pockets in the form for that going to require a lot of rebar before the concrete can be pour.

Unless I not seeing it, no footing for a supper thin steel tower here.

Photos will be up sometime this week, but he is video #1 of 2
[video=youtube;vPGAJ8vDPX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPGAJ8vDPX8[/video]

Video #2
[video=youtube;UJHlbUfen9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJHlbUfen9c[/video]

I think Apple normally likes historical buildings/landmarks, or ultra-modern dedicated structures.

The retail space under a condo doesn't fit. It's too...pedestrian.

Still they need some Yorkville Presence, and this location will give them that in spades with high foot traffic and the most prominent location in Yorkville that you can get!

Last edited:
Like a bank, a convenience store and a dry cleaner? :)

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing! Oh, we could always use another nail spa too ;) I wouldn't put it past RBC to set up shop here, god knows the one north of the street couldn't possibly be enough. It's getting so annoying seeing banks fill every new podium on Yonge between Dundas and Bloor, such an awesome retail experience for us all, ughh.

It will bite them all in the end when they see people are only seeing banks and salons. Spreading the word that theres no shopping.

The Big Five banks (RBC, CIBC, BMO, Scotia and TD) all have large branches either at or very close to this intersection. Might not see a bank open up here.

Then again, BMO is in RoCP and Aura so who knows. Or maybe National is a possibility.

How about a nice urban concept supermarket (Longo's, Sobey's, etc?) at the base of One Bloor East? I'll be a bit greedy, and add Dean & DeLuca to my wishlist.

Otherwise, this prominent corner would be an excellent location for an international company to establish themselves in the Toronto/Canadian market. Shake Shack (food retail), and Uniqlo (fashion) are brands that are well recognized and command great buzz and popularity wherever they open.

Last edited:
How about a nice urban concept supermarket (Longo's, Sobey's, etc?) at the base of One Bloor East? I'll be a bit greedy, and add Dean & DeLuca to my wishlist.

Otherwise, this prominent corner would be an excellent location for an international company to establish themselves in the Toronto/Canadian market. Shake Shack (food retail), and Uniqlo (fashion) are brands that are well recognized and command great buzz and popularity wherever they open.
There is a Longo's across the street.

There is also Pusateri's at Bloor; the Bloor Street Market in the Manulife and Whole Foods in Hazelton lanes - I can't see a high end grocery store making sense here. There is also a plethora of banks in the neighbourhood, so I would hope a bank wouldn't go in - but you never know. That being said I do hope retail space is well designed so it is able to attract decent retail (and not carved into little uselss boxes like so many other retails spaces at the base of Condo towers) - this should be a prime retail location and could really help rejuvenate this end of Bloor Street. Does anyone know how much retail space is available to lease?

I completely disagree. Another grocery store could be really beneficial here. There are will be thousands of residents added here, plus everything going up on Charles. BSM in Manulife is already busy at all hours. I think the "little useless boxes" are actually needed. Big retail elements on Yonge don't make sense, unless on the 2nd floor. The whole street has small storefronts. They are needed here to keep the rhythm of the street for the pedestrian.

If the supermarket can afford the rent, then by all means have one. I don't mind larger scaled retail at this spot - it is probably the proper space to have it as the start of a transition point to the narrow storefronts down Yonge.

AoD

Back