Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

The Burj Dubai, to scale? :)

Here you go Mongo.

But this is definitely the wrong building for that corner! LOL

(Original courtesy of urbandreamer, Photoshop by me)

Attachments

• Yonge and Bloor Skyline 001b.JPG
    Yonge and Bloor Skyline 001b.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
^ To replace the Sheraton Centre? (But it actually has its own charm) Or maybe to hide Trump?

Yes, it would replace the Sharaton Centre (and I am sure everything else nearby, south of Queen).

But I was really just expressing my feelings about the NPS shadowing rules.

Yes, it would replace the Sharaton Centre (and I am sure everything else nearby, south of Queen).

But I was really just expressing my feelings about the NPS shadowing rules.

Good thing I didn't start a render of that one. Seeing as you were only kidding!

I'm surprised that no other forumers have mentioned buildings they would like to see at One Bloor. Considering it's taking Great Gulf so long to give us a render, I thought they would be clamoring to have that lot filled with something... anything!!

:D

I think that's the point. Nobody wants just "anything" in there. It has to be something special. GG is under pressure to deliver.

I think that's the point. Nobody wants just "anything" in there. It has to be something special. GG is under pressure to deliver.

I meant "virtually" fill that lot. As in, I am willing to fulfill wishes of dream buildings at One Bloor... VIRTUALLY using Photoshop. To keep them and this thread going, while we all wait for the Great Gulf render.

Please tell me you are not so without a sense of humour and spirit that you thought I meant people would want anything on that corner?

:eek:

Oh, sorry I didn't realize you meant virtually. I'm also really tired after a stressful day of dealing with Rogers on the phone for several hours.

Isn't that just a shorter version of the old (202 metre) design below?

oneblooreast.jpg

If so, I don't think I could be any more disappointed.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry I didn't realize you meant virtually. I'm also really tired after a stressful day of dealing with Rogers on the phone for several hours.

UGGGHHHH ROGERS?????

All is forgiven! LOL If you dealt with them, then by all means you deserve a 'moment'.

My sympathies go out to you.

:D

My eyes! My eyes! I was hoping to banish that ghastly old 1 Bloor design forever from my mind. Now look what you've done!

Hehehe I agree... It's was a beautiful design... For Miami in 1993! LOL

I think we are so tainted here on skyscraper websites, because we've seen it all before. Or, if we haven't, then it's too avant-garde for our tastes. What's worse is, we live with renders so long before the building gets built, that by the time it is nearing completion many feel the design is already dated.

I still like the idea of placing one of the world's best towers at that location. Though I'm not sure which would be the best fit for the neighbourhood.

:confused:

Back