Toronto One Bedford | ?m | 32s | Lanterra | KPMB

Mmmm... streetwall...

fp__homer_drool.jpg

anyone...

Hi there, would anyone know what the average price per square foot is in this building?

I had lunch on the back patio at the Intercontinental yesterday. The staff wasn't too happy about their overbearing, 32 storey new neighbour which will cut out a lot of sunlight (and is very, very noisy right now). But I think that in the end, that back patio (which is already an awesome space) will be even better (especially at night) and feel very, very urban and hip with the addition of One Bedford.

However, the One Bedford residents on the east side will have to contend with the bar noise on that patio. I wonder if SkyLounge and the Intercontinental will have new noise restrictions.

IMG_sept-02-09-0208.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0216.jpg

I have seen these window frame and colours some where else
IMG_sept-02-09-0217.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0218.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0219.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0220.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0221.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0224.jpg

Last edited:
Such an impressively sized podium - and it being KPMB, there's considerable thought put into the massing too. This is exactly the kind of quality I hope to see pop up on our arterials all over town.

You know, the InterContinental seemed pretty big when it went in all those years ago, and with 1 Bedford only fractionally finished, it already looks diminished to the point of being a rather small boutique hotel. Once 1 Bedford is finished, the InterCon will likely be begging to be reclad, or even demolished and replaced with something more impressive.

I really like this building and its location.

Anyone knows when the occupation date is?

Occupancy was scheduled for June 2009. This is the slowest moving condo in the city. i'm guessing it should be complete around 2011.

Replacing the Intercontinental just to build something more "impressive" doesn't really make sense to me.

As for One Bedford-- what happened to the glass?! I was sure from photos and the short glance I had, that the windows were a dark brown bronze/aged copper colour.... ahhhh what happened. I don't mind the glass but so far it doesn't go well with the stone and precast on this thing. It's not at all what I would have put with this building. Even grey or dark tinted glass would have been nicer. Yikes! We'll see how this works out.

Back