Toronto One Bedford | ?m | 32s | Lanterra | KPMB

Stick to the main topic guys. If you want to discuss fast food joints go to out and about.

Sometimes things go off topic. Happens all the time on this board.

Since we were told to stop talking about Harvey's, this topic got pretty quiet. Maybe there's more interest in fast food than the condo ;)

Anyway, my contribution:

Everything's closing up on Bloor.

Bedford1.jpg

Bedford2.jpg

Bedford3.jpg

And Varsity Stadium across the street:

Varsity.jpg

The tennets last day will be Sept 30th, then shortly after I assume, demo.

You mean a Starbucks and a Second Cup to complement the Tim Horton's on the corner?

Honestly. Spmarshall's first shot is probably of one of the ugliest sections of store fronts in the city. I can't wait to see these go. Who exactly had the vision to due what I am seeing done in that pic? Stucco? Concrete? Brick? Cheap cheap cheap...and so close to one of the best intersections at University and Bloor.

I say see you later. Bring on the wrecking ball.

"You have switched from fast food to liquids."

No, I'm on topic, I swear...both Starbucks and Second Cup were competing to get a prime retail spot, the corner, I assume. I don't know who won.

edit - and, wow, is the onebedford.com music ever annoying.

are they just tearing down the beautiful old house that is currently hidden behind the tacky storefronts?

The tacky storefronts show how the old victorian houses on our mainstreets aren't really adaptable to retail. Houses on residential streets can be preserved but mainstreets like this are always going to look ramshackle if we are stuck with these old victorians trying to perform functions they're incapable of.

Incapable? That was a pretty successfull retail strip if you ask me.

Houses on residential streets can be preserved but mainstreets like this are always going to look ramshackle if we are stuck with these old victorians trying to perform functions they're incapable of.

Let's get the bulldozers out to Yorkville and to Markham Street pronto.

Back