Toronto 327 Royal York Road | 118.5m | 35s | VANDYK | SvN

Some new renderings from the project's site, and an open house is happening on June 3rd.

greenway-map.jpg

the-site.jpg

transithub.jpg

experience.jpg

birdseye.jpg

I've always wondered what it would be like to dismantle a foundation that was already constructed (partially in this case), and now i'll finally get my answer!

Looks like a great location with good supports. I'm staring down retirement and considering buying further out of the city. Will be keeping an eye on this site.

Looks like a great location with good supports. I'm staring down retirement and considering buying further out of the city. Will be keeping an eye on this site.
Here's an even better location to consider, imho:

^Not really to be honest. Unless one really desires lakeside views, Mimico has all the things that one would desire: right next door to the GO station, various schools, library, recreation centres, closer access to the subway, less traffic *for now*, local shops, more grocery stores, higher level of walkability, etc.

Simply put; Humber Bay is a zoo while Mimico still has that local neighborhood feel.

The condition on which Kraft Bakery is being redeveloped is bringing in all the things you listed to the neighborhood. By the time it is built out, there will be a GO/TTC transit hub, schools, probably a community centre, and a whole of a lot more shops and restaurants that Mimico could ever fit. Plus, a lot of the Mimico shops are still a stroll (or a short streetcar ride) away.
It's just that the location of On the Go Mimico is so close to the industrial zone, it doesn't scream liveability to me. But again, this is just my humble opinion.

Here's an even better location to consider, imho:
It is a bit overcrowded at Humber Bay and by the time I retire (8 years if I am lucky) they will still be in the planning stage! I like the older more established neighbourhoods rather than the trendy places - Humber Bay looks like a lot of work just to live there.

Considering the frozen development was only supposed to be a single 27 storey tower, this escalated quickly. I can already see all the NIMBYs with their pitchforks out in the streets in droves, storming the GO station cashier, demanding answers...

Considering the frozen development was only supposed to be a single 27 storey tower, this escalated quickly. I can already see all the NIMBYs with their pitchforks out in the streets in droves, storming the GO station cashier, demanding answers...
And said NIMBYs would have zero argument if Toronto City Planning got their shit together and designated the Major Transit Station Areas in the OP, as they are mandated to.

Back