26     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Construction crew are digging out the floor of the former Levi's on Yonge Street just north of Dundas.

If you peak inside, it appears they are reconfiguring the space for something new...

Construction crew are digging out the floor of the former Levi's on Yonge Street just north of Dundas.

If you peak inside, it appears they are reconfiguring the space for something new...

I believe they are pouing more concrete, so that the foundation can support more ads to placed on the roof.

I believe they are pouing more concrete, so that the foundation can support more ads to placed on the roof.

There is definitely a new retail outlet opening in the former Levi's location on Yonge Street. Construction is in full swing within the building. All the 'for lease' signs have been removed.

^ The old Levi's store will be converted to a 2 storey restaurant. Yay! The more restaurants on Yonge, the better.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1R8

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 138194 ZZC 00 ZR Accepted Date: Mar 4, 2011

Project: Non-Residential Building Conversion

Description: Proposal to convert existing retails space on ground and second floor to restaurant (Panera Bread).

Description: Proposal to convert existing retails space on ground and second floor to restaurant (Panera Bread).

I tried Panera a couple of times in Pittsburgh; they have good sandwiches. Not sure about the location, but with Ryerson nearby it could work.

Not sure what's going on here. Are they planning on cutting the HMV in half.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1R7

Application#: 11 138350 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 4, 2011

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to infill wall thereby converting one retail space into two (15m2). This proposal is for the north-side retail unit, to be occupied by existing tenant "HMV". Please also see related building permit 11-138371 BLD for south-side retail unit, which will remain as a vacant retail space.

DeBoer's Furniture in College Park is closing.

I think they're going bankrupt ... they're closing in NYCC and I recall reading about them closing all their Ottawa locations.

This is the north-most retail unit in Lumiere. They're working away inside, but no indication of who the tenant is.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5G 1N6

Application#: 10 320742 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Jan 28, 2011

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to existing commercial space for restaurant with 40 seats. Unit 105A.

Back