News   Jul 24, 2024
 759     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 554     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Y&E needs a bubble tea joint :mad:

Actually, I've noticed that the stretch of Yonge between Soudan and Davisville is seeing a number of vacancies.

I haven't noticed any new ones ... there have been quite a few even 8-10 months ago.

Actually, I've noticed that the stretch of Yonge between Soudan and Davisville is seeing a number of vacancies.

There was a cool self serve video store here on Yonge awhile back. Banks of machines inside, no employees, open 24/7. It's gone now, I never had a chance to check it out.

There was a cool self serve video store here on Yonge awhile back. Banks of machines inside, no employees, open 24/7. It's gone now, I never had a chance to check it out.

Yea there was one in NYCC too ... a lot of them have closed out everywhere.

Neoset

Neoset Furniture at Jarvis and Front has closed. A notice in the window states they owe their landlord something like $92,000. According to some recent articles in the Star, a lot of people got taken for a ride after they left huge deposits and never received their products. The owner was blaming it all on supply problems -- apparently all their factories were in Greece which has been paralyzed by strikes and the recession.

http://www.thestar.com/article/611484

The Nike Toronto store across from Sporting Life on Yonge has a "store for rent" sign in the window. I assume they are closing. I have never seen a customer in there.

The Nike Toronto store across from Sporting Life on Yonge has a "store for rent" sign in the window. I assume they are closing. I have never seen a customer in there.

That store was built to their specs I think; as soon as the the previous building was razed, a sign went up announcing the Nike opening.

The concept should work. I know, I know, I didn't patronize them either.:eek:

I used them a lot - and whenever I asked the owner how sales were she always said "very good, very good"

Last edited:
That store was built to their specs I think; as soon as the the previous building was razed, a sign went up announcing the Nike opening.

It's a two floor building with a different retailer on top ... not sure if the lease sign applies to the Nike store or the one above.

There's one of those self-serve video stores in Elektra lofts near Liberty Village. Not sure if it's the same chain.

Back