Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

That's sad. I'd almost feel compelled to drill a hole or cut into that spandrel piece to get more light in, or to hang something onto that spandrel piece, as nonsensical as it sounds. I guess the one good thing here is that this shouldn't have the screaming bee hive effect of E Condos with the wind picking up on the specialized metal balcony/cladding pieces. (Or at least, it used to*)

Mercer is beginning to look like a street again! Lol

IMG_5116.jpeg
IMG_5118.jpeg
IMG_5119.jpeg

I know we're not getting any unique paving treatments or sidewalk expansion here, but I do wonder what the post-construction street reconstruction program will entail.

I was down here today...........post will probably get its share of red faces.............and I can't fault that........as a lot of what I saw..........yeah....

First, the not-so-bad, I think, if its cleaned-up ok (though even here, the straight-up streetwall treats this street terribly):

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02868.jpg

DSC02869.jpg

Then, the I'm mildly, but reluctantly optimistic bit...............

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02871.jpg

Finally, the OMG, how could anyone be this incompetent, this cheap, this obtuse................can ya tell I don't like what they did?.......:

DSC02872.jpg

Do you see it? ^^^^

Look through those second floor windows............

DSC02873.jpg

Last edited:
Even for Toronto, the heat duct running in Plainview of the windows is a new low

And the slab! What the hell? Just align the slab behind/above the brick..........the accretive cost is nothing, but per ft2 rent you would get for retail and/or office (in a normal market) in behind that heritage would make mint.

Back