Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

Hilarious how each building in this area is the same height. Brilliant planning.

This is what i don't understand

Nobu Hotel Toronto will offer the ultimate in hotel luxury. An exclusive collection of luxurious guest suites will rise atop the west tower, with stunning panoramic views, offering unparalleled accommodations and service....http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...pitality-announce-nobu-toronto-615680493.html

How can you promote panoramic views when the other tower is at the exact height?, let alone everything else around there
They could have at least had one taller than the other, 55s+35s would have looked a lot better

It's written by Newswire who probably don't really know the area and the other developments going on nearby.
It's more of a marketing or PR piece rather than a real news article. It was written before the actual launch so some of the info is not correct.

Agents still advertise 9-foot ceilings as soaring, which is really funny.

This is what i don't understand

Nobu Hotel Toronto will offer the ultimate in hotel luxury. An exclusive collection of luxurious guest suites will rise atop the west tower, with stunning panoramic views, offering unparalleled accommodations and service....http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...pitality-announce-nobu-toronto-615680493.html

How can you promote panoramic views when the other tower is at the exact height?, let alone everything else around there
They could have at least had one taller than the other, 55s+35s would have looked a lot better

@neuhaus has already said it, but why would you assume that's anything more than a marketing puff piece?

@neuhaus has already said it, but why would you assume that's anything more than a marketing puff piece?

I hate marketing fluff. Even though no one takes it seriously, it's satisfying when someone cuts through the nonsense. If no one ever challenges something, uninformed people are more likely to accept it. You've criticized marketing fluff yourself, and yet now you ask that?

I hate marketing fluff. Even though no one takes it seriously, it's satisfying when someone cuts through the nonsense. If no one ever challenges something, uninformed people are more likely to accept it. You've criticized marketing fluff yourself, and yet now you ask that?
You're misunderstanding @ProjectEnd. He's asking @Automation Gallery why he's taking marketing bumf so seriously.

You're misunderstanding @ProjectEnd. He's asking @Automation Gallery why he's taking marketing bumf so seriously.

Actually, I understood him perfectly. My perspective is that the marketing in question wasn't written to amuse us. Even though puffery is a part of marketing, the marketing forms part of the developer's narrative. Often, developments go up without much in the way of critical discussion. There's often no other narrative besides the marketing narrative. So there should be some substance behind the pomp in the marketing. It's fair to point out the issues with what's being said, unless it was obviously said in jest. Being critical promotes higher-quality development in the city with more substance.

View of the site on Thursday:
IMG_9608.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9608.JPG
    IMG_9608.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 624
Ignoring the heritage buildings along it (about to disappear other than facades anyway), that photo suggests that the south side of Mercer would have made a good location for a new park.

I used to think it was a forgotten yet charming little street. Remember the 'Mercer Street Grill' and 'Rain'.Look at it now.

909AFA41-D2BD-48E6-8494-61D94F97DA4E.jpeg
See if this sketch make sense

Attachments

• 909AFA41-D2BD-48E6-8494-61D94F97DA4E.jpeg
    909AFA41-D2BD-48E6-8494-61D94F97DA4E.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 998

Back