Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

Visited from Windsor-Essex (I was born in Toronto and I am an architecture student) but everyone I was with is from county areas and not in architecture and they were taken a back by the density of this street haha. They didn’t like the “texture” (all the mullions) of the towers but overall thought this is how a city should look. View attachment 483466View attachment 483467
Local critics, and many are here, like to call out the city a lot, for good reason. Toronto (city hall, architecture) should be way more ambitious, more beautiful & innovative.
But it’s still a good looking, impressive, vibrant (going thru a rough patch rn) bustling international city compared to most..
One of the best cities in NA.
And it will flourish with ambitious progressive city leaders who bring about big change.

The problem with Toronto is they don’t know how to do things gorgeous. Somehow it’s not part of their vocabulary. They settle for minimal in every respect. As if beautiful doesn’t mean much to them. I know I’m being tough but te
herea a lot of room for improvement. If anything the distillery district has done it. But I’ve haven't seen it in any other neighborhood

The problem with Toronto is they don’t know how to do things gorgeous. Somehow it’s not part of their vocabulary. They settle for minimal in every respect. As if beautiful doesn’t mean much to them. I know I’m being tough but te
herea a lot of room for improvement. If anything the distillery district has done it. But I’ve haven't seen it in any other neighborhood
That's not necessarily true though. There is a lot of beauty around the city and in some of our architecture, especially our older building stock. It just gets drowned out by all the mediocre stuff going up around it.

If you look for it, there is plenty of beauty around.

That's not necessarily true though. There is a lot of beauty around the city and in some of our architecture, especially our older building stock. It just gets drowned out by all the mediocre stuff going up around it.

If you look for it, there is plenty of beauty around.
I agree the beautiful corners get overshadowed by surrounding mediocrity

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

It's one thing to leave just 1 exterior wall of a heritage building as a reminder of what once stood there but they didn't even bother to maintain the ceiling height on that second floor. The top third of that window is cut off. What counts as preservation in Toronto never ceases to shock me.

Back