Toronto No7 Rosedale | 16.76m | 4s | Platinum Vista | Hariri Pontarini

It's still insane to me that the neighbours fought this so hard - it's turning out to be the nicest residential build the city has seen in the past 20 years. Fits so perfectly into its surroundings
This being Rosedale, maybe the neighbours include the Muzzos (Pemberton), owners of Canderel and other developers who can’t stand to see a residential build without gray spandrels, waist-high mullions and cheap window walls.

Last edited:
7F52E07F-2CDA-4748-9779-5AE28C79770D.jpeg

Oddly enough when I walked through here last week there was a gaggle of seniors from the building next door complaining about the precast concrete used on the side wall.

They asked if brick would be going overtop and I said no, that’s the final finish and they were beside themselves lol

I think the front brick treatment is meant to speak to the historic rosedale homes while the back uses concrete and stone to vibe more with the ravine

Concrete's been a final finish for how many decades now, and people still expect veneers to go on top every time?

Oddly enough when I walked through here last week there was a gaggle of seniors from the building next door complaining about the precast concrete used on the side wall.

They asked if brick would be going overtop and I said no, that’s the final finish and they were beside themselves lol

I think the front brick treatment is meant to speak to the historic rosedale homes while the back uses concrete and stone to vibe more with the ravine

I think it's fair though as the Site Plan drawings showed those areas as natural stone or limestone iirc.

Back