Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

^^^ I was thinking the same thing.
It looks almost like the new building was designed to blend in with the old building next door, but I'm sure it wasn't intensional.

Unless there were some sort of scaling guidelines that allowed the floors to line up with each other. (But an even more interesting case is down the street, where the podium of the Colonnade briefly went window-wall to "integrate" with Britannica House next door--unfortunately, the reno of the latter's podium effaced the relationship.)

What's the status on the McDonald's just a few steps away from this site? Is it still being demolished?

I was wondering that too, That Mcdonalds remodeled the entire place making it more trendy and "hip" Seems like a waste of time and money if this place is to be demolished in the near future.

well, if a condo developer were to offer enough money for the McDonalds site, that's a quick and easy profit rather than waiting a few years of business to make back in remodelling costs.
I thought Exhibit Condos is going to take up that site?

I was wondering that too, That Mcdonalds remodeled the entire place making it more trendy and "hip" Seems like a waste of time and money if this place is to be demolished in the near future.

I never thought I'd be in favour of saving a McDonald's for it's aesthetic appeal, but that's a really unique one. I have good memories of eating there as a kid before going to the ROM.

Have they remodeled it recently? I haven't been in there since the 90s.

This tower has some awkward areas to it.. looking at that first shot, those lower units are positioned like a corner next to the building beside it... not a very pleasant view if you ask me! SOOOOO much more privacy in the upper levels. :eek:

Those aren't windows looking onto the office building; just glass spandrel with the same colour to match the windows on the southside.

I never thought I'd be in favour of saving a McDonald's for it's aesthetic appeal, but that's a really unique one. I have good memories of eating there as a kid before going to the ROM.

McDonald's is to be redeveloped into Exhibit. Please discuss that project in its own thread!

Though for the record, said McDs *did* undergo a bit of a makeover this past year--I think, de-tiled and turned more retro-Corbusian--though the fundamental form is intact...

from today
20101113003.jpg

20101113007.jpg

Wait a sec, your fondest childhood memories are of a McDonalds? And worse still, you haven't bothered to visit the place? Yikes!!

On another note what happens to Museum's East views when the building just West of the McDonalds gets redeveloped?

Do you mean MuseumHouse's east views? They're pretty much toast, given that the buildings west of McDonald's (Gabby's and the Pho Hung) are part of the same project

too bad they couldn't have extended Bloor Street beautification a bit further west. In the photo above the streetscape sure looks bleak.

did they remove the "Exhibit" banner atop the Gabby's building?... i always remembered it being there.
Can someone remind me what buildings are being torn down for Exhibit? i think the Mcdonalds should be torn down and moved back in to exhibit (if they have a retail podium), it seems like a big waste of space to me considering how far off bloor street the actual restaurant is.

If I'm looking at this correctly, it looks like McDonald's, Gabby's & the Subway/Booster Juice/China Garden properties will be replaced by Exhibit which is really going to put the screws to east views at Museum House.

Back