Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

The workers were washing and scrubbing clean the black precast panels on the north side of the building the other day.
Unfortunately the panels look pretty much the same and I still couldn't notice the metallic flakes that are in the precast. It has the same charm as year-old asphalt.

I must admit that there are a couple interesting individual details, but collectively this building as a whole is a big mess. There are way too many elements going on with no cohesion, and the overly repetitive nature of the windows and balconies emphasize how large and bulky the building is.

Their rooftop pool and patio is pretty depressing. It's located on the 2nd floor surrounded on all four sides by 16 storeys of building which gets very little light. Directly to the south, a floor below is an alley which has Oneeleven's loading and garbage room opening out to it.

musee_6380.JPG

Attachments

• musee_6380.JPG
    musee_6380.JPG
    807.3 KB · Views: 1,844
So even a wash didn't brighten up the black precast, eh? I am actually a bit surprised, as I was hoping a good powerwash would clean them up somewhat. Really unfortunate. Good news is that this dump isn't on the corner, and what we did get on the corner is really nicely done.

Last week the construction crew were washing and scrubbing the black precast panels again on the north side.
It looks a bit darker, but there still appears to be some light haze on the surface. In direct sunlight you could see the sparkling metallic flecks in the dark precast but it's really subtle and not noticeable from a distance.
The black precast is just like dark carpet or wood floors, it's always hard to keep clean and appearing dust/dirt-free.

The last two floors ended up with mostly spandrel rather than the white precast.

IMG_9095.JPG

IMG_9097.JPG

Meanwhile the sidewalk is almost done.

IMG_9098.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9095.JPG
    IMG_9095.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,101
  • IMG_9097.JPG
    IMG_9097.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_9098.JPG
    IMG_9098.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,117
Musee's external construction elevator has now been removed, and the walls where the elevator access openings were to the floors have all been enclosed - the east side of Musee now looks as finished as the other building frontages. PDI's started earlier this week, and initial occupancy is scheduled to start in January. The main lobby actually looks to be in good shape, with walls and floors finished, the security / concierge desk in place and it is already staffed during the day.

Balconies aren't bad but that black stucco-like material is terrible. I've seen it on other projects and it just doesn't work.

Back