Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

While Freed may not may picking up this property (yet), I've heard that he is planning for yet another development in the general area.

I noticed the proposed building is still on Core Architects website - I wonder if this is going to be built?

Who knows. There is a guy on Adelaide Place who sells recovered wood, and he mentioned that the old warehouse building on the site is still supposed to be torn down. I believe that there are still short-term rental spaces available in the building.

Freed picked up properties on Front and Bathurst. He's supposed to co-develop them with Minto.

Who knows. There is a guy on Adelaide Place who sells recovered wood, and he mentioned that the old warehouse building on the site is still supposed to be torn down. I believe that there are still short-term rental spaces available in the building.

Freed picked up properties on Front and Bathurst. He's supposed to co-develop them with Minto.

This proposed building was initially proposed for 17 storeys and would have contained rental units, but it may be constructed with few storeys. See link below - anyone have any details on this?

http://www.tobuilt.ca/php/tobuildings_more.php?search_fd3=9922

In stasis I believe.

There is a new rendering on Core Archtiects site for this location. I am not able to copy the direct link or renderings at the moment, but they can ge be found under Core Architects - Multi Unit Developments - Adelaide Residences. It is 2 buildings and looks better than the first for sure.

Last edited:
Wow! It's very sharp :).

They also have a rendering for the West Donlands Block 1, which looks quite detailed and final (as opposed to just a massing model which sometimes people look too far into).

copied using MS Paint

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 505
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 478
Based on the information that I have, this is no longer a Boymelgreen project. There is a new developer involved and the project is more likely for condos rather than rentals.

If the images shown above are for this location, then it is a big improvement over what was previously proposed.

Old news: 4 March 2011.

Looks like a red brick version of East.

Azorim is owned by Boymelgreen. Great improvement for sure but wonder if still rentals as initially proposed or condos. Anyone know who purchased Waddingtons at 111 Bathurst. Between 525 Adelaide, 650 King and potentially Waddingtons it will be interesting change over the next few years.

Last edited:
http://www.toronto.ca/planning/developmentapplications/index.htm

525 ADELAIDE ST W
Ward 20
- Tor & E.York OPA / Rezoning 12 117029 STE 20 OZ Feb 3, 2012 ---
Zoning by law and site plan application to construct a new mixed use building with ground floor commercial and 440 residential units above complete with 4 levels of below grade parking housing 302 vehicular parking spaces

An overview of the planned development at 525 Adelaide Street West was presented at the same Adam Vaughn community meeting, November 19, 2011, as the other two developments planned for this block - the Harhay development on the Waddingtons site (111 Bathurst), and the Context King West development on the Bianchi Brothers site, 620 King Street West.

If I recall correctly - the plans for the 525 Adelaide Street West site were presented by Plazacorp

Back