Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

I love the way it looks, but I can't think of a reason why someone would want to live in a closet.

OMG.... it's incredible!!! Way better than I was expecting.

And... the massing!!! The massing!!!--- It's perfect :D

I must admit it looks nice, however the building looks like a mash-up of various Toronto condo design clichés we have seen many times before.

My concern would be that it not upstage City Hall, in height or otherwise. It's not bad though. Nice in-fill.

It will not been seen from Nathan Phillips Square if you are looking directly "north" at the towers... but if you are to the left of centre and far enough back, you will see it through the gap.

note: I only have north in quotes as Toronto north is not quite real north.

It will not been seen from Nathan Phillips Square if you are looking directly "north" at the towers... but if you are to the left of centre and far enough back, you will see it through the gap.

I guess that is better than nothing. I'm hesitant about the building as it appears in the renderings, but also feel this building might turn out okay (i.e. better than its renderings where it looks bulky and hulking).

Additional Details
· 463 suites in total with the vast majority being studio and one bedroom apartments between 415 and 560 SF

Just to clarify, not ALL suites will be in that range. Although the majority of suites will be studios and one bedrooms ranging from approximately 415 to 560 SF, the overall size range of suites is much larger including two bedroom and den and a limited number of three bedroom suites as large as approximately 1100 SF.

570BayRend-ConcertProp.jpg

Nice looking building but...

You could almost have made the render by photoshoping togther various buildings in Toronto in a few easy steps:

1)copy and paste the top of Telus House

2)Add the podium of Maple Leaf Square

3) Add the balconies from the Festival Tower

4) Throw in a section of EAST lofts Balconies under the above

5) Create a pseudo-Starbucks place at the street level and Voila! You're done.

I don't see any Telus House, MLS, or Festival Tower in this proposal. Not really sure where you got that, but I suppose to some people with a lacking attention to detail, architecture is as simple process of just stitching different elements together.

It has lots of "Toronto style" remixed FEEL to it, but it's not that simple. And saying this building has an MLS podium is like saying the AGO looks like Beekman Tower.

I like this too (even though it is a familiar mix of neo-modernist features).

I hope the black cladding is more than just cheap looking thin aluminum though. In fact, I would rather have black precast (I am not sure why that has never been done).

Back