Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

from today
20110326192.jpg

20110326191.jpg

Indeed, quite exciting. How long was this site a parking lot?? I'm thinking at least 30 years.

Thanks for all the nice pics drum...wow, its been 6 months since the first shovel hit the ground on this development, at this pace it could be another 6 months before the crane is installed and another year after that before it reaches ground level..thats slowww, but then again you cant expect much with 1 or 2 excavators and a 1/2 dozen crew members.

I just noticed that the lot includes everything except for that three storey building. In fact, the lot seems to go inside the courtyard of One City Hall! I wonder what the actual shape of the building is on that side - we've really only seen images from Bay and Dundas.

Great to see.

This is perhaps one of the most important infill developments in the city, at least in my view. Its location (just look at the area immediately to its north), the undeniable quality of its design, and the fact that it's rental housing quite arguably set this aside as a very unique project. More importantly, due to its impact, methinks the character of this neglected area is about to undergo a step change.

I just noticed that the lot includes everything except for that three storey building. ...

i think there are 4 x 3s buildings there ...
sadly too bad they were NOT sold and incorporated with either projects ....
wonder what their fate will be squeezed next to those 2 highrises ??????

Last edited:
Owners of the three storey building wouldn't sell.

probably regretting it now ...
personally i would hate to be squeezed in between 2 x 20+s highrises.

given the relatively small lot of those few buildings left, i can't imagine anyone wanting to pay a premium for them ...
at least not for development in the near future ....

maybe 50 years when we reach the density of NYC and require building high rises in very narrow lots.

That lot looks quite a bit wider than MuseumHouse or Residences at RCMI. I'm sure someone could make money building there if they really wanted to. Maybe they're actually being smart by letting Motion go up first. Once that dead spot on the strip is gone the location will be a lot more desirable

Back