Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

48111B50-EAD1-4D0B-A8B0-2199E92A9059.jpeg
BD882822-480A-4CDE-8D1E-AC6B4B4572B5.jpeg
F334E420-3F18-4E7F-9990-265A51642540.jpeg
A1E46A74-1B09-433F-8DE6-BA93D5C57533.jpeg

This might actually prompt me to visit this part of the core although the crappy narrow sidewalk (due to street parking) is still a big negative. Bloor (Mink Mile excluded) is not exactly a pleasant experience for a pedestrian.

Last edited:
I feel like it would be more fitting next to the Sam The Record Man sign up the street.

You'd get more 'bang for the buck' on Victoria though. It's already an interesting stretch of street but could do with a little animation. Plus the sign has a connection to Mirvish so on the back of the theatre makes sense.

Walking along Bloor between Spadina and Lansdowne is one of the great pleasures of living in Toronto!

Sure but people confuse vibrancy with beauty. Is it vibrant? Yes. Is it attractive? No. Other cities manage to eat and chew gum at the same time. It continually puzzles me why people in this city think you can't have both. We can.

And people seem to think new means sterile monotonous stretches of glass. It does NOT. One can have brand new finely grained human scaled street frontage with density above. Hopefully this development will show what's possible. For Toronto's sake, it's important that they pull this off.

Last edited:
Looks a little "cheap" but perhaps the effect will be better when everything is complete.

Back