Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

That's clearly not "behind it". Besides, that parking lot you're referencing is currently going through the bureaucracy to become a city park.

Maybe I am missing something, but how is the parking lot not behind the SE corner of John and Richmond?

Didn't the park plans fall through?

Correct. This deal fell through. No longer to be a park. Site is being vended to a developer.

Maybe I am missing something, but how is the parking lot not behind the SE corner of John and Richmond?

Didn't the park plans fall through?

The Gehry towers are on King with its back to Pearl Street. Richmond is 2 blocks away. There's a parking lot behind Mirvish at John and Pearl which is being developed into the PJ Condos.

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 2.56.40 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 2.56.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 2.56.40 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 509
Realnet reports sale for $300,000,000 for Mirvish Gehry project to Great Gulf. That's $160/sqft buildable approx.

Wowza!

I thought it was getting cancelled ;)

Mirvish made a pretty penny on this one.. Lots of people questioned him, but between this sale and the sale of Honest Eds, the dude has made himself hundreds of millions.

My guess is the rezoning added $50m-$100m to the pricetag.

I'm inclined to agree with you in this case, due to the sheer size of the project. I have heard from certain planners, in other cases, where the perception might be (among some developers) that the rezoning can limit the potential, and thus reduce the value. Anecdotal at this point, would actually be interested to see some evidence in general one way or the other. Sale prior and post rezoning for instance.

Back