Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

From the developer that built The Florian and proposed Douglas Cardinal's stunning design of the defunct 100 Davenport, this building is extremely disappointing.
This is something that looks more at home near Square One or Scarborough Town Centre. It's a shame that our waterfront is littered with a hodgepodge of goofy towers that's lacking in any sophistication or smart design.

The podium looks like it's hiding above ground parking. I know it's not but it still reminds me of LA podiums.

I like that it is a whole lot more than "just another glass box"

The podium looks like it's hiding above ground parking. I know it's not but it still reminds me of LA podiums.
It is hiding above ground parking: nine floors and 769 spaces of it. The podium above the ground floor is essentially entirely above-ground parking.

The podium for this thing exceeds, by not an insubstantial amount, what's allowed here height-wise by the OMB decision.

The ground floor, at 4.1 metres tall, is nowhere near high enough for a ground floor for such a large building. The City needs to set minimums for these things somewhere in the 6 metres range, and 7 would be better to allow a good mezzanine in there.

Not sure why some of the parking (if they really need all of this) couldn't have a couple of floors of it moved below ground. Are there unique ground conditions here that prevent doing the right thing?

The heights of every floor in the whole complex have been cut to get 38 in where 35 were approved. The previous version, in particular, had very tall 7m high amenity floors atop the podium to start the towers off. They're down to half that in this plan.

Meanwhile, the architecture? Graceless. What is it about the lakefront that screams "put up a couple of heavy looking boxes beside me"? Hopefully the City will be able to flex some muscle on this one.

Last edited:
They can at least throw on some ornate crown decorations at the top. I can't stand these lame flat roofs.

/s

Last edited:
Not sure why some of the parking (if they really need all of this) couldn't have a couple of floors of it moved below ground. Are there unique ground conditions here that prevent doing the right thing?

I remember hearing something about the ground being contaminated a while back -- don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Back