Hamilton McMaster Graduate Student Residence | 97.9m | 30s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

The glass imo still feels.. too tall.. like some awnings would really help that stretch. It feels.. naked.
I think it's fine. Having traveled to Toronto yesterday where the recent architecture is getting quite stunning actually, I think especially for Hamilton this is a fine addition. With a few trees it will feel more full and vibrant too.

I think it's fine. Having traveled to Toronto yesterday where the recent architecture is getting quite stunning actually, I think especially for Hamilton this is a fine addition. With a few trees it will feel more full and vibrant too.
lol "for hamilton" - you're shit hamilton, so for you, this is acceptable.

I hate then people say "for hamilton" like it's a special needs child.

Last edited:
I didn't take it like that. I took it like Hamilton is so accustomed to status quo projects that they don't know how to handle something new or novel to the area.
That's still implying in a way that its shit lol.. or that it WAS shit

back on topic though, does this strip even have spots for new trees? I noticed people like vranich just paved over the whole area and didn't leave any areas for trees..

Although I like the building I am most excited to see the addition of over 600 beds to the central area. Every little bit helps!

Although I like the building I am most excited to see the addition of over 600 beds to the central area. Every little bit helps!
This intersection is already quite a bit busier with people. I can only imagine how busy it will be the the addition of the two buildings at Caroline and King, and an eventual additional buildings by McMaster on George and the other on Bay.

I'm still curious about the rumour that McMaster bought another property, perhaps the Market and Bay parking lot.

This intersection is already quite a bit busier with people. I can only imagine how busy it will be the the addition of the two buildings at Caroline and King, and an eventual additional buildings by McMaster on George and the other on Bay.

I'm still curious about the rumour that McMaster bought another property, perhaps the Market and Bay parking lot.
I heard humours the convenience store across the street has been bought and is going to be demolished for a similar sized building.. remember seeing the plans for it somewhere..

On subject, looks like some exterior tile work is going in on the ground floor. Looks fancy. I do wonder how long it will hold up though. I usually think laid stone/concrete pavers or bricks work better for our climate. I struggle to think of anywhere tile over concrete has been used in Canada I've seen. The only other place I've seen it is at Radius on the patio, but that hasn't been through a winter yet, and apparently it's incredibly slippery when wet.

1000001125.jpg

I don't see any spots for new trees, what's up with all the new developments not providing room for trees to grow? It's strange..

That's still implying in a way that its shit lol.. or that it WAS shit
To me it's more like Hamilton was once truly the Ambitious City with find residential and commercial architecture, but then like nearby Buffalo, when thousands of good paying factory jobs evaporated the city lost its mojo and started accepting mediocrity.

Hopefully it's onward and upward from here on out!

Back