Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

February 5, 2008

Much digging and hurrying about on-site.

On College.
MARS1.jpg

On University, looking east.
MARS2.jpg

MARS4.jpg

MARS3.jpg

MARS5.jpg

in my best Mr Burns impression.... "Excellent!"

CN - thanks for all the pics today! was a great day for it, but I think we're in for another nasty blast soon.

So have they completed shoring etc. and now are excavating? Or do they still have to drive the piles in etc.

I've been teased with MaRs excavation-hoaxes before - it's quite scarring.

They can't build this one fast enough - it's going to be such a great improvement to the intersection!

April 16th. My batteries died before I could get another shot or two from different vantage points

From the corner of University & College looking into the site. Excavation is moving along well

PICT1379.jpg

From the north/west corner of University & College

PICT1377.jpg

2473353155_b37de9c2e2_o.jpg

Queen’s Park Station will get a new connection at its southeastern entrance to link up with the Discovery District, anchored by the MaRS Centre.

The TTC voted in favour of the development at its April 23 meeting. As part of phase two of the MaRS development, the TTC was approached with the plan to include a new, indoor, fully accessible station connection.

The commission approved the plan in principle. The proposal was positively received by the TTC’s advisory committee on accessible transportation and referred to the design review committee.

As I'm not sure if you are aware...

This addition to MaRS will include the new Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion. The Sheila Basrur (spelling) Centre. This agency is being modelled after the one in Atlanta called the Centre for Disease Control. A significant milestone for Ontario health, research and disease identification.

Hey, it's the same renderpeople moving around outside the building -- in the same poses, even!

The first render was posted on this thread June of last year by AlvinofDiaspar:

ph2-corner-lg.jpg

and the second render was posted today by Mike in TO:

2473353155_b37de9c2e2_o.jpg

Back