Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Yes, I'm not sure what building height would be appropriate (ideally hiding most of the giant Green P building), but more patios at street level would be great - though the south side of the street never quite gets enough sun. I'm thinking of the open squares in Europe where there's a vibrant pedestrian area with plenty of outdoor seating space for pubs, cafes, etc...

From today.... I was chatting the one of the workers and they are getting ready to put trees along the West side (where you see the earth by the new curbs).

5732065140_a1cdfc3b4f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Something you don't see everyday. They just slapped the mechanical section on top of the podium. This project was shaping up into something very attractive,..up till now.
Ouch.

It it possible that that after-thought mechanical box is something that's there temporarily until the tower is completed and then the units can be connected at the top of the tower instead of its current location on the podium?

It it possible that that after-thought mechanical box is something that's there temporarily until the tower is completed and then the units can be connected at the top of the tower instead of its current location on the podium?

I kind of doubt it, a cooling tower is something that you really dont want to move twice.
It also looks like there are pipes hooked up to it already (unfotunetly).

I just noticed Shoppers Drug Mart has posted a bunch of jobs opening on 18 Lower Jarvis, I guess SDM will be opening "soonish"!

It's a wonderful podium. It really looks great from all approaches, gives back a lot in scale and skill, and feels like it naturally belongs there.

Agreed: I think this is probably Clewes' best work, especially since it quite arguably meets the street better than his previously buildings (see esp. Spire).

Back