Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

It's mostly dust, but it is going to weather badly. It's a composite material and incredibly thin so it's going to be very susceptible to damage, and because the finish was high gloss it's going to show everything.

I'm not sure if they've actually figured out how to clean it either. I know they were originally worried about using swing stages on that wall because of how easy it would be to wreck the material with a cable beating against it.

Here's a little something for nostalgia sake... circa 1999:

AirCanadaCentre1999.jpg

the only thing in that old picture worth lamenting about are the lost trees! bring them back, in the hundreds!

On a similarly nostalgic note, an aerial view of the ACC under construction in June 1998. Amazing to think it was only 11 (almost 12) years ago

Attachments

• 060198.JPG
    060198.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 415
Today workers are instaling smaller additional crane to help the removal of the big one. Most likely by the end of the week the crane will be history.

Very slim

Wow... very slim! BCE/Brookfield Place makes these things look like tiny little things.

Jan 16-10

I'm surprises the crane is still up there. They are going to use the small jib to take it down that sitting up there now compare to the larger one that was used on the other tower.
IMG_jan-16-10-0240.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0230.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0227.jpg

I agree, the hospital-corridor shade of green does little for me. Add some pink trim and it would look better in Miami, circa 1982. Not sure about the green box on the roof either, looks a little clumsy.

I agree, the hospital-corridor shade of green does little for me. Add some pink trim and it would look better in Miami, circa 1982. Not sure about the green box on the roof either, looks a little clumsy.

That last pic, all 3 buildings look pretty good except the exposed mechanical roof boxes, they just dont look right.

Back