Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

mls%20june28.jpg

mls%20june28b.jpg

I have to agree with some posters about the disappointing cladding. Considering this building was selling at a pretty high premium, you'd expect to see a higher quality system.

I'm quite happy with the cladding on the podium, but I agree the cladding on the tower portion of the buildings is pretty average. Hopefully they make up for it with however they decide to build the mechanical/rooftop element

We'll probably end up hearing the same about other glass towers rising, like Trump and Shangri-La. But of course they look like CityPlace. They're glass towers. What else would you expect them to look like?

speed kills or maybe not?

looks like PCL has cornered the market on speed construction of point towers. Their success at City Place for Concord Adex has allowed them to build at a quicker pace than anyone in the city. The cladding of the towers is keeping up with the forming, and on a closer examination, is not the run of the mill window wall used by others. The balcony railing details hold true to the original intent of the architectural drawings.

I don't understand what all the fuss about this cladding is all about. It looks far more interesting and detailed than the glass on most condos.

I don't understand what all the fuss about this cladding is all about. It looks far more interesting and detailed than the glass on most condos.

When you actually walk around the MLS you can see that the materials are better than average and the design of each tower is far more visually interesting than most of the crap down in that area.

just think how many years you have been missing your calling as a photographer Cal!

nice shots by Wylie too!

but alas, two boxes on top of a box is not really that exciting. atleast these are tall.

Back