Toronto Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal | 9.75m | 2s | Manulife Real Estate | MdeAS Architects

I feel the problem with the Eataly sign is mostly that it's grey-on-grey (on grey glass).

Probably would have worked better if the lettering was a few tints lighter, or if the brackets were slightly darker.

I feel the problem with the Eataly sign is mostly that it's grey-on-grey (on grey glass).

Probably would have worked better if the lettering was a few tints lighter, or if the brackets were slightly darker.
It looks like it's backlit, which again points to the idea that Manulife only seems to care about what the reno looks like when it's dark, exemplified by its heavy usage of nighttime renders.

The bigger question is whether people will flock to message boards to complain about how “stupid” people are for lining up for stuff. ;)
or how long until we all realise it is actually VERY expensive (though fun, based on the two in Italy I have been to (NYC was simply too crowded!)

or how long until we all realise it is actually VERY expensive (though fun, based on the two in Italy I have been to (NYC was simply too crowded!)
The café / trattoria (not the restaurant) at the Bologna outlet I went to was reasonable. I also bought a boar ragú from the grocery department - delicious! Hope they’ll have it here.

Back