Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

I love the building. It is unique enough in design to stand out, yet not so trendy that it will become dated in decades to come. I always thought it was expensive to buy in, but now with the location and exterior.....not so much! I hope the lobby and interiors will be equally as upscale...

I love the building. It is unique enough in design to stand out, yet not so trendy that it will become dated in decades to come. I always thought it was expensive to buy in, but now with the location and exterior.....not so much! I hope the lobby and interiors will be equally as upscale...

Virtually everything will become dated in decades to come. The good design of today will probably become unpopular and eventually appreciated again.

maybe having the interior of the box painted red may help a bit:
m5v_redbox.jpg

I'd imagine the apartment(s) that are inside the box would get a lot less natural light than any of the other ones..
Why didn't they just keep it like it was originally designed?

I'd imagine the apartment(s) that are inside the box would get a lot less natural light than any of the other ones..
Why didn't they just keep it like it was originally designed?

That's $800,000-$950,000 (two units) they will be missing out on. Developers will try to find to make money anywhere they can.
I think those two additional units should be made into some kind of amenity space (guests rooms, library, etc.).

I wouldn't want one of those units as I prefer having glass railings.

The red box just looks awkward now. If they did not need all the space for mechanical, they should have lowered the top concrete lid by one floor and allowed the floor above to be a normal unit (instead of having the unit exist in the box).

Yes, I agree. I don't like the way they changed it. It just looks wrong.

Yes, I agree. I don't like the way they changed it. It just looks wrong.

As a previous poster mentioned, they could have very easily made the "frame" around those two floors smaller so that it enclosed only the red machanical portion. It would have maintained the integrity of the signature element of the design. Currently it looks quite obvious that the design was compromised. It seems like the developer was just lazy.

The condos connected to this red box will now become premium, landmark condos within the building.

I don't really think so, it really depends on the buyer.
Personally I would not prefer this unit as will be much darker with the overhead canopy, side walls, and solid railings.
None of the red will be visible from the inside of the unit, so there won't be that reddish glow/reflection inside the box.

Back