Mississauga M3 at M City | 260.29m | 77s | Rogers Real Estate | Arcadis

Photos from the CN Tower last night.

20240527_202342.jpg

20240527_202342miss.jpg

Yeah Toronto has plenty of suburb within the 416, including a lot of yellow belt. That's not going anywhere either. So I think it's a moot point.

Disagree, many developments/land parcels in the inner suburbs are building up and densifying.
It's rare to see suburban tract homes redeveloped. I'm not saying it never happens, but it's uncommon. I don't think there's any examples of it happening on a large scale in Mississauga, and the only place that I can think of it happening in Toronto would be North York along Yonge.

Disagree, many developments/land parcels in the inner suburbs are building up and densifying.
Yes plazas are being redeveloped in the inner suburbs. Car dealerships are being torn down for density.that’s happening in Mississauga too.

What I’d like to see is the SFHs in Toronto be ripped down for density. Until I see that happen I’m going to continue to say that to Toronto has the same suburbs problem that Mississauga does.

Yes plazas are being redeveloped in the inner suburbs. Car dealerships are being torn down for density.that’s happening in Mississauga too.

What I’d like to see is the SFHs in Toronto be ripped down for density. Until I see that happen I’m going to continue to say that to Toronto has the same suburbs problem that Mississauga does.
I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly, but there are examples of SFHs being replaced for larger housing in Toronto. The areas that I am aware of is mostly along Sheppard. Between Bathurst and Dufferin, Sheppard was mostly lined up with SFHs, but over the years, more and more of these SFH have been replaced with mid-rises. Similar things are happening between Bayview and Bessarion. You also have a batch of SFHs just east of Pharmacy in Scarborough.

I think some of the older Mississauga neighbourhoods have individual plots of SFH being redeveloped for more density. You see this when riding the GO Lakeshore West line, especially where tiny 1950’s „cottages“ are on a large plot of land. Where it might take a few generations to see the densification of SFH would be in the sprawling neighbourhoods built from the 1980‘s-2000‘s.

I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly, but there are examples of SFHs being replaced for larger housing in Toronto. The areas that I am aware of is mostly along Sheppard. Between Bathurst and Dufferin, Sheppard was mostly lined up with SFHs, but over the years, more and more of these SFH have been replaced with mid-rises. Similar things are happening between Bayview and Bessarion. You also have a batch of SFHs just east of Pharmacy in Scarborough.
Yes this is true. But that’s because it’s lining a major street that is up for a new transit line. . You are correct. I guess I could argue that we will see midrises and old 2 floor buildings on hurontario be torn down to build something more dense.

Specifically I meant more the culdesacs or squares I lived in growing up. The SFH that are similar to Mississauga. The ones that you have to walk quite a bit to access any transit. The ones that have a piece of grass then the sidewalk and then some more grass before the house. Actually I lived on a street in Scarborough once where we didn’t even have a sidewalk. Omg an attack on pedestrians and not very urban. My argument is that these areas will be suburban in form 30 years from now. They will remain being the very thing that torontonians mock Mississauga for being. Suburban. Btw those areas will continue to exist in Mississauga as well. But there will be spots like MCC which will become urban. Not Victorian home urban but still urban.

Last edited:
June 4
Lot more up on my site

It is starting to make it way into the city skyline from a distance and more so later this year
53771647952_64625d2168_b.jpg

53773721637_a6d1706188_b.jpg

53775060185_cceed1035d_b.jpg

53774640656_0e46d4e73a_b.jpg

53775059835_3be126f17b_b.jpg

53744905434_a465ceb68a_b.jpg

53748662315_7a1442d0eb_b.jpg

I think some of the older Mississauga neighbourhoods have individual plots of SFH being redeveloped for more density. You see this when riding the GO Lakeshore West line, especially where tiny 1950’s „cottages“ are on a large plot of land. Where it might take a few generations to see the densification of SFH would be in the sprawling neighbourhoods built from the 1980‘s-2000‘s.
The problem for more density is council unwilling to allow it in those areas.

Heading west into Mississauga along the GO Line is the small houses of Lakeview with huge back yard with the e-w streets being less than 200' from the corridor making it hard to do grade separations. My first house was a block north of that area with 175' lot with most homes becoming monster homes. This was cottage county for Toronto in the 1800's.

You will never get a development in this area like M City or even close to it as there are homes along the corridor area ranging from $5-$30 million dollars with Lorne Park seeing the most of these homes.

Back