Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

Skyline shots from the east. Taken 07/31/2023.
2.png

1.png

The scale of this street is nearly perfect. Wish every non-arterial in MCC was built like this.
It's getting there. I'd like the roadway to be narrower to promote slower driving and more room for a healthy street tree canopy on both sides. I think a continuous sidewalk would not be a bad idea here, instead of the crosswalk.

1-png.498594

Credit @Lake Ontario

It's getting there. I'd like the roadway to be narrower to promote slower driving and more room for a healthy street tree canopy on both sides. I think a continuous sidewalk would not be a bad idea here, instead of the crosswalk.

1-png.498594

Credit @Lake Ontario
This street isnt actually well designed. I live on this one and it is a constant pain because of the lack of street parking on the right side there.
People treat the right side like a parking spot regardless and it causes a lot of reckless passing.
Being a pedestrian here is dangerous. No one respects stop signs even with pedestrians trying to cross.
I would love it to be more walkable but it struggles because the sidewalks are too narrow on the left side and it more trees on that side too since that is where all the pedestrians walk.

Downtown parks at M City:

Layout of the new park at M City, west of M1 & M2:
MCity-scaled.jpeg

The planned future park amenities include, playground, adult fitness zone, spray pad, gathering space, walking track, and planting areas and art area.
[...]
This park is now in detail design and targeting construction completion by fall 2024.

In addition, John "Bud" Cleary Park, located across on Webb Drive will be renovated:
JBCpark.jpeg

The planned amenities at John “Bud” Cleary Park include, pickleball-tennis court, leash-free zone, community garden, open green space and cherry trees. The existing soccer filed and pathway will remain.
[...]
This park is now in detail design and targeting construction completion by fall 2024.

Back