Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

30 Jan 2018, 17:46
20180130_174633.jpg

Attachments

• 20180130_174633.jpg
    20180130_174633.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,039
It may take months for google to update. That is the way it's worked for other Canadian highway projects. ie Calgary opened a new interchange in September/October and it wasn't updated till December I recall.

Also, I drove through last night for the first time, along lake shore. There seems to be quite a scramble to get from the ramp over to the York St. left turn lane - some guy waved out his window asking to get by. I always figured that the off ramp would have a different signal timing than lake shore, allowing for a clear road for people to quickly change lanes over. The way it is now, lake shore gets a green at the same time as the ramp, and ramp traffic has to desperately cut across lake shore traffic to reach the york st. turn.

Also, I drove through last night for the first time, along lake shore. There seems to be quite a scramble to get from the ramp over to the York St. left turn lane - some guy waved out his window asking to get by. I always figured that the off ramp would have a different signal timing than lake shore, allowing for a clear road for people to quickly change lanes over. The way it is now, lake shore gets a green at the same time as the ramp, and ramp traffic has to desperately cut across lake shore traffic to reach the york st. turn.

Just wait until 10 York opens. The entrance to the 10 York garage is a closer turning spot then York St itself.

Did we discuss this? The ramp seems to have had its first crash...

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/02/02/suv-catches-fire-new-york-bay-yonge-ramp/

One car caught on fire after a two-vehicle crash at the bottom of the new York-Bay-Yonge ramp from the Gardiner Expressway.

Emergency crews were called to Lake Shore Boulevard West and Lower Simcoe Street just after 8 a.m. Friday.

One of the vehicles, an SUV, caught fire. There is no word on injuries.

The cause of the crash is not yet known.

Lower Simcoe is closed from Queens Quay to Harbour Street.

"Cause of the crash is not yet known."

But witnesses said a car on lakeshore turned right, into the path of a car coming down off the ramp.

My guess is it's going to be a bit like the LRT tunnel that people keep driving into on Queens Quay. It's a bit counter intuitive that you can't turn right from the right lane because there are three more lanes coming down from the off ramp. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to see how counter intuitive it is. And hopefully no one is killed.

Yuuuup, typical idiot driver. It's not counter-intuitive to not turn right when there are three lanes of traffic hidden beyond view that come across your path....and I'm assuming signage prohibiting right turns.

I've said it a million times (exaggeration) on these forums: drivers' licensing in this province is too easy to succeed in. That coupled with a preponderance of "I'm special" driver attitude in this town means that this isn't the last time, much like your Queens Quay tunnel example.

Sigh.....keep driving as a right and this shit will never end.

Back