Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

The 2 stop light west of Commissioner bridge are for the first development site block, new roads as well the plan QQE LRT loop if it every get built.

The is no connection for Munition St to connect to Commissioner St and it looks like it will not happen anytime soon.

Hording and tree protection going up for 309 Cherry St site. Using scaffolding framing on both sides of the trees that I haven't seen being used anywhere for site to date and it looks to be 10-15 feet tall.

The 2 stop light west of Commissioner bridge are for the first development site block, new roads as well the plan QQE LRT loop if it every get built.

The is no connection for Munition St to connect to Commissioner St and it looks like it will not happen anytime soon.

Hording and tree protection going up for 309 Cherry St site. Using scaffolding framing on both sides of the trees that I haven't seen being used anywhere for site to date and it looks to be 10-15 feet tall.
Really!? This is news to me as I didn’t think that 309 Cherry was that far along! You are amazing! Lol

As one might expect, the TTC were clearly taken by surprise with the new bridges and road opening and they did not manage to put up proper STOP signage for the 72 bus. They did manage paper signage, no doubt it will be there for months. I assume that in summer we will see some Astral transit shelters too.

The 309 Cherry development is not yet approved, see details from @NorthernLight at https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...astlepoint-numa-svn.18586/page-7#post-2022601

The connection between Villiers and Commissioners via Munition Street will be rebuilt at same time Villiers is rebuilt and is, I am told, supposed to be opened in late summer or fall 2024.

IMG_4730.jpeg

Lots to like here — love, even — but, as @AlexBozikovic noted in his piece, the roads (ROW, really) are just too damn wide.

IMG_4732.jpeg

Also, the white is going to be quite the maintenance item:

IMG_4723.jpeg

Still, good fun!

IMG_4735.jpeg
IMG_4726.jpeg
IMG_4724.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

So didn’t see any solid hoarding but did see a lot of chain link fencing. What I did see was groundwork for park structures south of Commissioners east of Old Cherry that might be the next visible construction to emerge. And the morning runners and cyclists have definitely found this new route! Taken 27 January.

IMG_6481.jpeg
IMG_6482.jpeg
IMG_6483.jpeg

Sooo, is uh… someone gonna fly a drone through these already or…

Ha! I would LOVE too, but I can't.

All 3 bridges fall within a restricted zone. I can't fly in blue or red. Drone is geofenced and I play by the rules.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 1.32.54 PM.png

I'm sure someone with a home-built unregulated drone or with proper clearance will eventually post something, but my DJI Mini 4 Pro stops like it's hitting an invisible wall and won't fly any further.

It looks like this as I try and push forward.

Lemon and Cherry Bridges, forget about it. Can't even get close.

Last edited:
Ha! I would LOVE too, but I can't.

All 3 bridges fall within a restricted zone. I can't fly in blue or red. Drone is geofenced and I play by the rules.

View attachment 535884

I'm sure someone with a home-built unregulated drone or with proper clearance will eventually post something, but my DJI Mini 4 Pro stops like it's hitting an invisible wall and won't fly any further.

It looks like this as I try and push forward.

Lemon and Cherry Bridges, forget about it. Can't even get close.

You can fly the DJI mini drones in the blue areas (enhanced warning zone) after you request access through this site: https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list

So I noticed that, but can I just request it 'just because' or do I need supporting documentation from an organization or saying it's for an official shoot?

I'm going to check it out more now.

I've only ever put in "photography/videography" for the reason and it's approved instantly. As an aside, this Transport Canada webpage explains how microdrones aren't bound by the same rules as advanced operations of regular drones, like flying closer than 3 miles to an airport. It then lists the rules that microdrones do need to abide by, which includes staying away from airports. However, it doesn't list the same distance restriction as advanced operations.

Just got approved!

Thanks so much kotsy, I didn't even know I could do that.

Heading down now to shoot Lemon & Cherry bridge and fly across Orange Bridge.

This is going to be great!

My pleasure. Excited to see your footage!

Back