Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Nice updates @globalexpress

You have quite the obsession with this new street ;)
I have had a decent view since it all began ... it's all about being at the right place at the right time ! I've become very passionate about the whole Lower Don Lands redevelopment, and esp. the new bridges tbh. Btw thank you !

Last edited:
A few ground level shots from this evening.
From the east end of the rebuilt Commissioners St.
PXL_20231214_215420612.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231214_215527359.jpg

Hard at work just after Sunset.
From Cherry and Commissioners.
PXL_20231214_221446188.NIGHT.jpg

Looking into the new river bed from the lower Cherry bridge.
PXL_20231214_221700493.jpg

You call it stupid and terrible public relations for their employer.

But it's no more illegal for them to stand on public land than it was for you to stand on public land.
It may not be illegal, but it is wrong and immoral. It's a dick move, and is completely unnecessary. Why do we need "illegal" as the threshold to govern behaviour?

It may not be illegal, but it is wrong and immoral. It's a dick move, and is completely unnecessary. Why do we need "illegal" as the threshold to govern behaviour?

Drum called it illegal. It isn't. I made the correction without expecting an argument. I made the correction because Canadians are regularly confused over Canadian law; sometimes quoting US law or even fictional sitcom/movie law. I also specifically pointed out it was a dick move when I said it was a legal move: cops still aren't going to fine or arrest someone for standing between your camera and your intended photo subject.

What behaviour you govern with peer pressure tactics is entirely up to you and your peers. Laws and morals are largely orthogonal, but ambitious people can improve laws.

This post is now well off topic.

Last edited:
Looks like Lakeshore east of the Don will switch over to the south side soon.
View attachment 527643
Whoa!! considering what I saw a week ago. There was no concrete let alone paving west or east of Saulter Street intersection and couldn't get photos as it was a swamp area. Did see more paving to the west of it from what I saw on Nov 25. Concrete to the east of the intersection was still a block away.

Wouldn't be surprised if if the shift takes place this weekend or next week. This will allow work to start in Jan on removing the existing westbound bridge and build the new one.

Come the end of 2024, the Lake shore will totally different than it was a few years ago.

Back