Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Lot 20 on Polson: Very interesting that it was finally 'acquired'. That plot of land holds 'interesting history' connected to what I wrote prior. Nuff said for now. Must run.

First Update:

Second Update:
Updated planning for Toronto's Port Lands includes a more detailed design for Villiers Island, a new residential mixed-use district which will be the heart of the transformed former industrial district

Third Update:
Recent presentations to Waterfront Toronto show the latest plans for the #transformation of the city's Port Lands. In this article, we look at draft plans for the public parks at the west end of Villiers Island.

Last edited:
Crazy, that explains a lot though. I live quite far from there but woke up in the night worried my building was on fire. All I could smell was smoke. Like a smouldering trash bonfire.

if anything, this is a good bit of luck. That building, much like the Union Station Trainshed, was simply too large and disruptive to preserve to make it worth retaining its relatively minor heritage value.

The (presumed) approval of this aspect of the project is actually an exciting step forward in the broader project; it'll mean we move into the stage where it'd be obvious to anyone passing by that work is actually ongoing.

As a reminder, here's what construction is covered by the $65M being sought for approval here (from the deck):

upload_2017-6-5_10-25-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-5_10-25-9.png
    upload_2017-6-5_10-25-9.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 369
Should cater well to hipster renters!

jdbXn9a.jpg

"This isn't faux dive...this is a dive"

Hopefully any and all fill will be brought in or taken out by ship. It's a perfect opportunity. There are far too many dump trucks tearing along Lake Shore and the Gardiner, trickling their loads onto passing cars. We should be using the port to our full advantage with these massive earth moving operations.

Hopefully any and all fill will be brought in or taken out by ship. It's a perfect opportunity. There are far too many dump trucks tearing along Lake Shore and the Gardiner, trickling their loads onto passing cars. We should be using the port to our full advantage with these massive earth moving operations.
The soil must be remediated. I believe I read that there's the possibility of remediating or encapsulating en situ, but if not, Hamilton might be the closest locale certified to do it, and doing it by barge would seem the best way of doing it. It's a good discussion in itself, and the marine company retained to do the work mentions the need to build a coffer to contain the migration of the contaminating soil while digging it out, but then the expense, if impossibility of accessing that coffered lagoon to transship it. Should be very interesting to see how this transpires. If done by road, they have special sealed trailers to truck it out, but there's going to be massive amounts.

For $65M, I can't see how they can do it, but we'll see....

Back