Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Or the episode where the said individual was drunk and ended up with an extended tirade at ACC? Speaking of classy, having Don Cherry at city hall and his extended rant in the council chambers (of all places) certainly counts as that. Interesting how one is so demanding of the behaviour of the citizens and yet are so forgiving to the repeated transgressions of basic etiquette among those who are elected to represent. But of course, that's just being down to earth and having a "common touch", right?

AoD

Last edited:
Did any of your teachers/mothers tell you "if someone was to jump off a bridge, would you follow him over"?

Just because Ford is acting crass, doesn't excuse poor behaviour from others. Jeez, the double standards here are just astounding!

You're the one who started complaining about manners, not us. And as I recall I don't see you react so viscerally on the forum with regards to RF's lack of such either. So spare us this talk about double standards when you are practicing it to begin with. Besides - he is holding office, you bet he should be subjected to a different standard - maintaining decorum is part of his job.

BTW, leave our mothers out of it - I am sure your superior sense of etiquette would have told you that's rude.

AoD

Last edited:
You're the one who started complaining about manners, not us. And as I recall I don't see you react so viscerally on the forum with regards to RF's lack of such either. So spare us this talk about double standards. Besides - he is holding office, you bet he should be subjected to a different standard.

BTW, leave our mothers out of it - I am sure your superior sense of etiquette would have told you that's rude.

AoD

Hey, it's your beloved adma who once said 'mothers who vote Conservative should be killed' or something to that extent.. Go after him if you're having mother-etiquette issues.

Calling an elected official's phone and swearing is just rude.. There are no other words for it.

Klassy.

As much as I might hate a person, I'd never call an elected politician and swear. Some here are showing their true colours.

What is even less 'klassy' is chastising someone without even understanding what they wrote.

Hey, it's your beloved adma who once said 'mothers who vote Conservative should be killed' or something to that extent.. Go after him if you're having mother-etiquette issues.

I thought you just said something about your mother/teacher telling you not to follow someone off the bridge, no?

AoD

Here is a link to an open letter sent to all Toronto councillors signed by an impressive list of urban thinkers.

Hopefully all councillors at least read it.

The link came from the G&M article: Making the Port Lands ‘a spectacle’ would be a mistake, critics say.

This is reassuring. but, we need to keep the momentum going. If Ford's proposal is met with an avalanche of disapproval which appears to be happening, he will be rendered impotent and less able to do further damage. Or better yet through some means he will be tossed out of the mayor's chair altogether.

Last edited:
From the Globe:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rfront-vision-sinking-quickly/article2168320/

Mr. Milczyn, an architect who many point to as an obvious player in a compromise, said given the huge size of the Port Lands, there could be room for Waterfront Toronto to continue its work on the Lower Don Lands at the mouth of the Don River and have the city fast-track projects in the section to the east – a vast area that includes the shipping channel and Cherry Street and extends to Leslie Street. That job could be given to Toronto Port Lands Co., the city agency favoured by the mayor and his brother to oversee development.

“There is a lot of opportunity for Waterfront Toronto to continue doing what it does and potentially for Toronto Port Lands to step up and do more,” he said.

NO. After this fiasco, it's pretty clear Ford Brothers (and their proxy, TPLC) have no respect for process and even less for planning excellence. Why should the future be mortgaged for their failures?

AoD

Last edited:
This is reassuring. but, we need to keep the momentum going. If Ford's proposal is met with an avalanche of disapproval which appears to be happening, he will be rendered impotent and less able to do further damage. Or better yet through some means he will be tossed out of the mayor's chair altogether.

I agree! We need to keep the pressure on city council with letters and phone calls. I called a number of them yesterday. One office told me they have been bombarded with anti-Ford calls, so I think Torontonians are finally starting to defend their city from Ford's war on Toronto.

Back