Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Sure wish I could send the drone through there and get some amazing footage, but that whole area is no-fly airspace for drones (and rightfully so as it's right next to Billy Bishop.)

Any drone footage you do see in there is either by a professional with a license to fly specifically in that airspace or someone using an unregulated drone and being super reckless.

Orange is fly with certain height restrictions (the footage you've seen me shoot in this thread) but red and blue are no-fly zones for me personally with my geofenced drone.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 1.37.30 PM.png

Last edited:
Sure wish I could send the drone through there and get some amazing footage, but that whole area is no-fly airspace for drones (and rightfully so as it's right next to Billy Bishop.)

Any drone footage you do see in there is either by a professional with a license to fly specifically in that airspace or someone using an unregulated drone and being super reckless.

Orange is fly with certain height restrictions (the footage you've seen me shoot in this thread) but red and blue are no-fly zones for me personally with my geofenced drone.

View attachment 531779
Where did you take off from when you do the low height flights? I went by the Portland's site along Villiers last weekend but didn't find a good spot to take off from that allowed me to have a view of the drone at all times.

Based on the map I'm gonna assume you're a DJI mini 2/3/4 user too?

Where did you take off from when you do the low height flights? I went by the Portland's site along Villiers last weekend but didn't find a good spot to take off from that allowed me to have a view of the drone at all times.

Based on the map I'm gonna assume you're a DJI mini 2/3/4 user too?

For sure, I usually just park on the side of a non-busy road and just hand launch/retrieve it. In this case it was Commissioners further down.

Being able to see a tiny micro drone (I have the DJI MIni 4 Pro) once it's more than 200 meters away from you is impossible. It's the only 'rule' that's totally unrealistic to follow. But if you're watching on the controller screen you have better situational awareness of your area than line of sight vision anyway.

Last edited:
For sure, I usually just park on the side of a non-busy road and just hand launch/retrieve it. In this case it was Commissioners further down.

Being able to see a tiny micro drone (I have the DJI MIni 4 Pro) once it's more than 200 meters away from you is impossible. It's the only 'rule' that's totally unrealistic to follow. But if you're watching on the controllers screen you have better situational awareness of your area than line of sight vision anyway.
Yeah I don't usually follow the line of sight thing during regular flights. It's only because of the height restriction I wanted to be a little cautious.

I did walk down commissioners up till the cordoned off area, should have stopped instead of thinking Villiers would be better.

Depending on the weather, Tuesday to Saturday could be the day for the ribbon cutting for the roads.

With the snow coming, road clearing will have to take place before we can use it and a chance to see what has to be done for doing it..

Now we need another ribbon cutting for the LRT

Coul
A world where Graziani and Corazza designs attractive buildings, Sanscon delivers projects on time and one out of five new retail establishments is not a Shoppers.
Could actually use a Shoppers out this way. The “health district” is lacking in anything medically/pharmaceutically related.

Coul

Could actually use a Shoppers out this way. The “health district” is lacking in anything medically/pharmaceutically related.
You got Loblaw's at Jarvis for medical needs with a Shoppers on Front St, but it will be some time before retail gets to this area. Either Shoppers or Rexall or both will be in the new area. Need a few grocery stores as well.

With the snow on the way, there most likely be no ribbon cutting and just open the roads up when ready as a surprise.

You got Loblaw's at Jarvis for medical needs with a Shoppers on Front St, but it will be some time before retail gets to this area. Either Shoppers or Rexall or both will be in the new area. Need a few grocery stores as well.

With the snow on the way, there most likely be no ribbon cutting and just open the roads up when ready as a surprise.
WT indicates in an updated IG post that new Cherry St. will open on Jan. 11 and as mentioned earlier, without any event.

Last edited:

Back