Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Anything is always possible, but not much room for streetcar tracks in here, even if you don't allow anything else:
1677103076658.png

Anything is always possible, but not much room for streetcar tracks in here, even if you don't allow anything else:
View attachment 458156
There was a VERY brief discussion of this link to Queen several years ago. It was quickly rejected as no room for curves @ Queen. If nothing else. The map that seems to have confused @AMOR is not really a streetcar track map of that area anyway.

Wanna see some more torn up Cherry Street if anyone is down there.

I wish they'd tear up all the streets to be honest and just replace them with grass.

But this is a good start.

Wanna see some more torn up Cherry Street if anyone is down there.

I wish they'd tear up all the streets to be honest and just replace them with grass.

But this is a good start.
Really nothing to see, Cherry from Commissioners to POLSON (Correction!) is gone and they are starting to excavate the underlying soil/fill. It looks exactly like one might imagine! The bike track is, of course, now on west side of the new Cherry, I assume it will (permanently) return to the east side where it does now ( south of Villiers). Of course, the City finished working on the west side and will soon start fixing the east side of the bascule lift bridge so god knows what will happen with cyclists & pedestrians this summer.

Last edited:
Really nothing to see, Cherry from Commissioners to Villiers is gone and they are starting to excavate the underlying soil/fill. It looks exactly like one might imagine! The bike track is, of course, now on west side of the new Cherry, I assume it will (permanently) return to the east side where it does now ( south of Villiers). Of course, the City finished working on the west side and will soon start fixing the east side of the bascule lift bridge so god knows what will happen with cyclists & pedestrians this summer.
Having recently patronized Cherry Street Bar-B-Que, I suspect you mean south of Commissioners is gone. The Villers to Commissioners section is still an active roadway.

Really nothing to see, Cherry from Commissioners to POLSON (Correction!) is gone and they are starting to excavate the underlying soil/fill. It looks exactly like one might imagine! The bike track is, of course, now on west side of the new Cherry, I assume it will (permanently) return to the east side where it does now ( south of Villiers). Of course, the City finished working on the west side and will soon start fixing the east side of the bascule lift bridge so god knows what will happen with cyclists & pedestrians this summer.
The old Cherry St is a memory now, but the earth shows where the equipment has being using the old road area.

If the plan is still calling for the LRT to go to the Shipping Channel in the future as plan, the cycling lanes will remain where they are now. To move it to the east side ends up been wasted space that may see grass or X. It could be use for southbound will an east would be northbound. New cycling lanes maybe installed on the east side of the LRT bridge when every it gets built in someone life time.

They had concrete foundation partly in place where the new channel wall is to go under the bridge on the south end..

Now, when is this new extension to be open as well Commissioner?? Isn't the park to open in 2024??

The west pier for Lake Shore is still not form.

Sheet pilings has been installed south of the new east bridge pier that kick out a few feet in the middle of the Keating Channel and then back where the wall is as well continue a short distance south of the channel. It will help break up the ice flow as well water flow enter the new mouth of the Don that still needs to be built. Sheet pilings being place on the north side of the channel as well along the existing walls of the Don.

Some of the plans actually show a pedestrian bridge connecting the Promontory Park to somewhere around the Parliament slip. That would make it really convenient for people living in St. Lawrence and QQE to get there, rather than going around to Cherry St.
I agree it would be great but I would not hold my breath for this footbridge!

Some of the plans actually show a pedestrian bridge connecting the Promontory Park to somewhere around the Parliament slip. That would make it really convenient for people living in St. Lawrence and QQE to get there, rather than going around to Cherry St.
That would certainly make the waterfront more cohesive from a pedestrian point of view. Even if it's not currently in the plans I would hope to see it come soon after everything is complete over there.

From the corner of QQ and Parliament it would probably save someone about 800 m vs walking around Cherry, so it would greatly increase its accessibility for a lot of people who'd walk there.

Back