Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

20 November 2010:

dsc01895f.jpg

Great picture. One can really start to get a feeling of how imposing this will be when it is fully built and almost double the height of Boutique beside it.

As well, with Trump on the other side of the street also rising to huge heights, will make for an interesting skyline

I'm hoping this one will live up (or surpass) expectations! (renders, etc.). we've gotten tons of blahs in this town.

Have faith Steveve. You're too young to not have anything but a positive outlook.

I am convinced that inside and out, this will be a winner in most people's eyes, including yours and mine.

So far, we like the brick on Bishops Block and we like the glass. Now, it is tinted on the South side to decrease direct sun light so it will be a bit clearer on the other sides. However, the silver between the windows will be the same and the windows look good. The structure is imposing and will rise on University avenue largely unchallenged. Also when looking down Adelaine, you will see Trump and SL, both which should be really nice.

So I am betting it will not only live up but surpass most of our expectations.

Remember to just judge the overall picture. I am sure some will nit pick about this or that feature and you can't please everyone but that said I am convinced the consensus will be that it is a success.

Of course, I am prejudiced. This along with 4S are my favourite hotel condo projects.

Wow, Shangri La's size is impressive. For sure I didn't notice that, but this picture above puts it into context. And still 49 more floors to go.

Sure to dominate.

Was walking by this morning, and realized they'd installed more glass on Friday. Obviously I didn't walk back that way on Friday..

Was at the Direct Energy Centre straight from Liberty Village on Friday night.. so no update, as I didn't bring my camera.

Just incase any "interested" millionaires are curious as to why there was no update on this one today. ha!

Now there are people asking for their house address to be changed from 4 which for the Chinese is deemed unlucky. In time we'll just have to give all homes and units names.

I really don't see why the builders skip floor numbers. Sure, there are superstitious idiots that refuse to buy on those floors, but there are also plenty of people who will. I would prefer to live on such a floor myself, since there would be a slightly higher average IQ on that floor.

13 is my lucky number.
I'd go out of my way to get room 13 on floor 13..

Every time I picture a building skipping a floor I just picture a gap in the building with nothing in between. Quite amusing.

Back