Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Who said that it would be a surprise? Did you read the post before mine? I was just pointing out to fanoftoronto that Toronto is not likely to be second highest in U/C skyscrapers worldwide, given the paces of Shanghi and Dubai.

Does anyone know if they will be putting a Shang Palace restaurant in this hotel? I had a chance to experience dining at the Shang Palace in the Shangri-la Dubai and it was nice experience.

Apparently Toronto has the second highest U/C skyscrapers in the world after Dubai. src: wikipedia

I mean, our height range is much lower than Dubai, but we're still kickin' ass!! :p

You can hardly call Dubai u/c any more.

Toronto is doing all of this without amassing unpayable debt, using slave workers, and generally cutting corners, all while having proper infrastructure to back it.

When I drove by yesterday I noticed they were working on the second floor of Bishop's Block, and it looks like they've made some real progress around the rest of the site. The next month or so should be interesting, as the pedestrian level takes shape

shangri1.jpg

I originally did this picture to compare Shangri-la Vancouver and Toronto and found the picture interesting - shows Vancouver in the foreground and Toronto in the background.

4506318203_e8a1fca1f2_b.jpg

Back