Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

The renderings look great...I like that the whole thing doesn't have exposed balconies, like the new Bloor East proposal.

Full-page front page ad of the Shangri-La in the Chinese Ming Pao newspaper today, featuring that wonderful view down University Avenue.

I didn't buy a copy of the paper today, but come to think of it, it might have made a really nice skyline poster in my room.

I bought the Ming Pao today... and here's the full-page ad on the front page...

P1060852.jpg

Any chance this could go straight into construction skipping the sales centre completely?

I assume 90% of the condo buyers would be Asian, some out of country, and they may not need to kick the tires, instead buying on brand reputation.

jgreebnerg76 , does it look as though it's going up around the entire site? Or is it just a large enough section for the sales office. That's a large surface lot to lose just for sales.

Will check on way home tonight. They were putting up fencing along most of the University side of the property this morning.

JG

Don't know what they are planning but the fencing covered about 2/3 of the University Ave. side

JG

I'm very excited about this one, especially considering the location and the heritage restoration. If I were buying a condo on an unlimited budget, I think I might go for the Shangri La. It's on the subway, and close to all the stuff on King and Queen West.

that looks an awful lot like construction hoarding. i suppose it's not totally inconceivable that the market is at the point where developers can get their financing on spec...though i would still be surprised.

Back