Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

It was the sales office who said they were working on floor 28.
Remember, they don't have a 13 I believe but am not sure of this.
May explain the difference.

They probably also don't have a 4, 14, or 24 either so now I'm reallly confused

Just count the floors on the actual building and ignore anything else. They could label the 5th floor as the 80th floor for all I care, so let's not include imaginary floors in our counts. That only serves to obscure the actual height/progress of the building.

The city documents call for a 65 storey building. That count never takes superstitions into considerations.

I completely agree with you. I am interested in physical levels of the building ... not in their numbering system. What I am trying to figure out is if the info interested got from the sales centre is based on physical levels or numbered floors, because to me, it looks like they are working on the 26th MAYBE 27th level which fits nothing that the sales centre said. ....or maybe I just can't count.

Just count the floors on the actual building and ignore anything else. They could label the 5th floor as the 80th floor for all I care, so let's not include imaginary floors in our counts. That only serves to obscure the actual height/progress of the building.
Totally agree! Let's not play developer's games.

I believe the only floor they don't have is 13. The penthouse is 2 storey and on floors 65 and 66.
Hence this would make sense because as gristle points out; the building is 65 stories.
I may be wrong but I believe that is what is happening.

I completely agree with you. I am interested in physical levels of the building ... not in their numbering system. What I am trying to figure out is if the info interested got from the sales centre is based on physical levels or numbered floors, because to me, it looks like they are working on the 26th MAYBE 27th level which fits nothing that the sales centre said. ....or maybe I just can't count.

What you count is what exists. That matches the actual 65 floors noted in the city docs. What the developer opts to call those floors is a different matter.

Yeah, just used the word "storeys" instead of "floors", and I think that will avoid a lot of the confusion. Storeys implies the number of physical levels the building has, where as "floors" is much more subjective, and the numbers you're likely to see in the elevators. If everyone uses storeys, then the only confusion is who can count and who can't, hahaha, it removes this subjective stuff.

PS: Loving the updates on this building. Even though I don't live in Toronto anymore, I'll be looking forward to going downtown when I'm back Toronto once the Jays games start up again. It'll be a good excuse to get off at St. Andrew instead of Union and snap a few pictures :).

Drive by shot while stuck in traffic.

Attachments

• sl1.jpg
    sl1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 352

Back