Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

So now we have horizontal AND vertical lines. Hmmm.

I love the fins with the lights in them still-- that's my favourite part. But nothing from these folks could ever top the Vancouver Shangri-La for me :).

Patience, I am quite sure SL Toronto will be nicer than Vancouver.

I say this because Westbank wants to make a name for itself in Toronto and they are not sparing expense to "hit a home run". I have heard (this is just a rumour let me say up front) that they have purchased another plot of land for when they plan their next TO project. Somewhere downtown but I don't know where.

So now we have horizontal AND vertical lines. Hmmm.

I love the fins with the lights in them still-- that's my favourite part. But nothing from these folks could ever top the Vancouver Shangri-La for me :).

did you guys notice this glass seems more reflective.. and has those mullions as well.

interesting...

sany0416x.jpg

sany0406.jpg

sany0420.jpg

sany0414.jpg

sany0407.jpg

The horizontal mullions seem a bit wider but more flat than the vertical ones. Not sure about the glass reflection. If you mean less reflective than the building beside it, then yes.
Personally from what I am seeing this is just getting better by the minute though they are putting up glass at a painfully slow pace.

Incidently, are they still at floor 18/19 or are they working on 20 now?

I don't think you can tell from the pictures. But this glass that just got installed is more reflective than the glass you've seen so far.

My camera is not good, and I was afraid of this. You might have to go and check out the building in person to see the glass to make the judgment. But too me it looks more reflective.

Maybe this picture will help a bit.. not much obviously.

sany0409.jpg

Last edited:
Could the glass possibly be more reflective on the East and further forward because it is not lining up with the building to the South and therefore getting more natural light, hence appearing more relfective?
Anyhow, more or not, it all looks good to me.

Thanks Cal.
We don't mind if you get hot chocolate in the morning. Keeps you warm and healthy so you can continue to snap more pictures the rest of us can enjoy.
Have a nice weekend.

I say this because Westbank wants to make a name for itself in Toronto and they are not sparing expense to "hit a home run". I have heard (this is just a rumour let me say up front) that they have purchased another plot of land for when they plan their next TO project. Somewhere downtown but I don't know where.

Is there interest here for a dedicated "rumours" thread, where all of these rumours can be collected and discussed?

Might make sense to have a rumours thread. Though I could see it quickly descending into utter nonsense posts on a whole slew of subjects.

I don't usually post rumours but I have heard this from a reliable source, without going into detail. Anyhow, it related to the fact that Westbank was here with the intent to build more in Toronto and hence a vested interest to ensure SL turns out spectacular.

Is there interest here for a dedicated "rumours" thread, where all of these rumours can be collected and discussed?

So what, if there's a rumour about, say 45 Bay, now I have to check the 45 Bay thread and the rumours thread? That's convoluted and unnecessary. If a rumour is in reference to a particular project like 45 Bay or BAC East, then write it in the appropriate thread. That will keep everything neat and tidy. I don't want to have to check multiple threads to find the latest news and rumours relating to one project.

If the rumour vaguely suggests that X or Y developer wants to build a tower somewhere in Toronto, well that's not really groundbreaking stuff, and hardly worthy of creating a dedicated thread.

*NEWSFLASH* Rumour has it that a developer is looking to develop more condos in Toronto. Details at 11!

Last edited:
So what, if there's a rumour about, say 45 Bay, now I have to check the 45 Bay thread and the rumours thread? That's convoluted and unnecessary. If a rumour is in reference to a particular project like 45 Bay or BAC East, then write it in the appropriate thread. That will keep everything neat and tidy. I don't want to have to check multiple threads to find the latest news and rumours relating to one project.

You would not have to, if you did not want to. I am sure that a given rumour that relates to a particular project would still be posted on that project's thread. If that is all you want or need, more power to you. But in addition, the rumours could be also posted on a single thread. You might not be interested in that, but I suspect that a lot of people would find that more convenient than having to search through all the threads to keep up to date on the various rumours in general.

Back