Hamilton Lime Ridge Mall Intensification (Phase 1) | ?m | 12s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

Why are they pushing the transit hub so far from the mall? It should be closer, not further away.
Walking across the wind blown parking lot in the middle of winter will be a challenge to some.
I guess those needing to park are more likely to spend big dollars, so are more important.
I suppose the eventual plan is to build out the parking lot and redevelopment much of the site. My bigger complaint is the lack of good pedestrian connections to the mall (covered walkway) until that happens in 40 years, and the move of the terminal further from Mohawk Rd.

At the moment the terminal is adjacent to the main entrance, this plan moves it off to the side near a single entrance to the likely soon the be abandoned Bay.

My bigger complaint is the lack of good pedestrian connections to the mall (covered walkway) until that happens in 40 years,
You can sorta see in the option plans there that they are building a new pedestrian path from the terminal to the mall (entrance by the starbucks I assume). I'm not privy to the design there (the terminal is being done by Arcadis, unsure what their scope is), so I'm not sure if there is any consideration for it to be covered but that would be nice.

Also not sure why they got this lot and not the one adjacent to the north, possible that there was concern with increased bus traffic out the main entrance as the new terminal gets a dedicated right-in/right-out and the adjecent intersection for left turns (with a dedicated bus turn lane into the mall).

Maybe also once the mall is built out Wentworth will be in line for a full recon. There are some upcoming resurfacing works where the mup will be installed but its not a redesign of the street at all.

Wentworth is getting repaved in the next few months with the MUP being installed. They are tweaking the design a bit as a part of the project - ie slip lane removal, curb radius reduction, etc., but nothing major.

It’s one of the busiest streets in the city so it’s going to remain as a major car artery for a long while. A major regional shopping centre will always be a big traffic generator.

Back