Toronto Lillian Park | 84.73m | 28s | Collecdev | Kohn Shnier

There are some updated drawings on the City Application site - very curious to see how these elevations end up looking with the varying brick colours

idbo1j.png
There are very few windows in this, way below the 40% maximum coverage the city now allows. Looks like about 12% to me now, which would likely be a very thermally efficient building, (helping to keep bills and rental prices lower), but we're heading back to 1960s amounts of light getting into the suites.

One difference. The units in the 1960s weren't typically as deep and narrow as today's units. How often do you have bathroom, kitchen and, living space lined up in a row nowadays? The family behind Shiplake was the largest builder of apartment buildings in the 1960s too so, full circle here.

I'm not very hopeful after what Shiplake recently built in Davisville.

Last edited:
I've just taken a look at the architectural plans. While the kitchen-living room combos do move from the outside wall deep into the suites in 98% of the floor plans, all bedrooms in these suites have windows, so these aren't as big a departure as some other layouts have been.

dataBase file updated with new heights and other building details, and now reflects that it's Rafael + Bigauskas working on this.

Update:
Toronto's Yonge and Eglinton area is bursting at the seams with new development, as property owners scramble to maximize residentially-zoned land with added density, some of it on properties which previously had single family homes, and some of it infill on Tower-in-the-Park sites.

there was probably a lot of excess parking. Usually is in these old towers.

Developers can do things to minimize parking use leading up to construction as well - such as not leasing new spaces for the year or two leading up to construction.

Finally, they may be leasing the spots out to tenants in other nearby buildings.

Back