Toronto Library District Condominiums + Toronto's 99th Library | ?m | 29s | Context Development | KPMB

Whatever....

With the exception of the slanted roof there seems to be nothing special about this tower. Looks typical box with some angles built into the roof.... I'm underwhelmed....

The Toronto and East York Community Council received a report yesterday recommending rezoning from the CR zoning on Blocks 32 & 36 (150 & 170 Fort York Blvd) to remove a holding symbol ('H) and permit development of two residential towers, 29s & 41s, with a total of 891 units, including a mix of affordable and market units.

The blocks will include two residential towers 41s (TCHC) and 29s (Context), a mix of 891 affordable and market residential units and a library. The total combined gross floor area for the two blocks will be 72,506 sq. m.

Currently Blocks 33 and 37, immediately south of Fort York Boulevard have approvals for mixed use development including 3 towers (27s, 30s & 32s) on 6 to 8 storey podium buildings. The 170 Fort York (Block 36) Context site is currently going through site plan approvals.

Renderings

Some additional images ~

Library_render.jpg
Library_aerial.jpg

Floorplans: http://www.librarydistrictcondo.com/images/11254/LibraryDistrict/FullPriceList_Library.pdf

Gorgeous. Where's the top pic? San Francisco? Our 'pinched' Northern Linear Park vs. completely-covered tracks speaks volumes about our civic imagination and ambition, or lack thereof. It's not just about money, or lack thereof.

Last edited:
Gorgeous. Where's the top pic? San Francisco? Our 'pinched' Northern Linear Park vs. completely-covered tracks speaks volumes about our civic imagination and ambition, or lack thereof. It's not just about money, or lack thereof.

The astonishing sterility of the rail lands developments represents one helluva lost opportunity for this city to achieve something in any way remarkable. It's depressing to think what could have been. C. Hume speaks of another lost opportunity, ( and Toronto's lame penchant for mediocrity ), on the other side of downtown in today's Star.

Here we go again....

This tower is a huge letdown. They didn't even try with the design. Just a box. The city needs to push developers harder with design and start refusing based on architecture.

Library District

To the earlier post asking why its been called library district......... a lil birdy confirmed to me there will be more than 1 building as such perhaps the reason behind the name district.

I can't get over the name " mouth of the creek park" its such a mouthful...... i hope it gets changed before these building are completed.

Can anyone shed light on the builder "Context" they've done several projects in the past but can someone sum them up in one simple word/phrase.

thanks,

Back