Toronto Liberty Market Tower | 99.97m | 28s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Dare I say I quite like it? The high windows and warehouse design motif on the lower floors leads well into the Tableau-esque tower. The red brick is a nice nod to the existing context, while the black provides a slick modernist contrast. Definitely a step up from the typical towers being put up in Liberty Village.

I'm fond of the bits with black accents but the rest looks similar to that standard pedestrian condo treatment we've seen 100 times already. This would be more successful if they carried that black accent motif throughout. Those bits remind me of Tableau and fit well with the old brick structure next to it.

0e0f56c3-8920-4e2c-a3b8-81f6c4c3c944_zps2toeqpo2.jpg

Is this a rental then? or launching soon?

If this is starting construction, liberty village is going to be a huge mess for the next few years. And if you thought LV was dense now.. just wait until everything is finished. I count 11 condo towers and 2 office buildings going up if this one is included. Probably going to roughly double the population in LV.

Is this a rental then? or launching soon?

If this is starting construction, liberty village is going to be a huge mess for the next few years. And if you thought LV was dense now.. just wait until everything is finished. I count 11 condo towers and 2 office buildings going up if this one is included. Probably going to roughly double the population in LV.
According to the SPA, it's a condo

Does anyone know why they put that lattice frame over the tracks? Is it an acoustic dampener, and could it hold a future park on top of it?

Just curious.

Fences are up.

Brazen Head's patios will be awful w/ this demolition/construction next door.

Almost all the buildings in LV will be done before whatever version of SmartTrack comes around. And tbh, with a minimum 10 min walk to the station, I wonder how well it'll be used by locals.

Back