Toronto Liberty Market Lofts | ?m | 13s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Construction update

Site update. Slow progress, windows are slowly wrapping round the 2nd level.

East Wall
IMG_1561.jpg

West wall
IMG_1559.jpg

The corner residents will have to deal with what Kramer dealt with on the 'Kenny Rogers Roasters' episode of Seinfeld - a steady reflection of light from the billboard.

The sun sets on Liberty Market Lofts.

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-08-04-2012.jpg

A lot of large units here

Actually that's not the case. There are over 40 units per floor and most of those units are extremely narrow. It's one of the reasons I didn't end up buying in this project. Most of the units were as wide as 6 feet. I think you can see the division where spandrel panels are placed vertically between glass panels, which means most of those units will not have a concrete wall separating them. It'll be one noisy condo!

Actually that's not the case. There are over 40 units per floor and most of those units are extremely narrow. It's one of the reasons I didn't end up buying in this project. Most of the units were as wide as 6 feet. I think you can see the division where spandrel panels are placed vertically between glass panels, which means most of those units will not have a concrete wall separating them. It'll be one noisy condo!

I see. I didn't know the units I saw in the images would be chopped up with drywall. What's the reason for the drywall instead of concrete? I don't get it.

^It's far cheaper. Also 6 feet? That can't be right, that's barely the width of a hallway. Also also, why do all the Liberty Village developments suck? Painted bricks should be banned. It's too bad, as there's some merit in this Wallman design as opposed to the rest of the dreck polluting LV.

The narrowest units are 9'1. That's for the 545 sq ft 1 bedrooms. I find it hard to believe that unit's would be separated by drywall. I don't even think that's legal. There has to be proper fire separation between units and drywall certainly doesn't cut it.

The narrowest units are 9'1. That's for the 545 sq ft 1 bedrooms. I find it hard to believe that unit's would be separated by drywall. I don't even think that's legal. There has to be proper fire separation between units and drywall certainly doesn't cut it.

You are right, it must've been 9 feet at least, but still that seems really narrow to be the width of the whole unit (not just the width of the living room). I wonder what those units will look like once they are built and whether the double height will help with the narrowness of it.

Back